Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Need Popcorn!

I was just thinking that I don't eat popcorn anymore. Mainly because my favorite is cheese popcorn and we all know how healthy that is. For some reason I have been really hungry for some good popcorn but I don't remember ever finding a good low fat popcorn before.

**********Great News! Rachel from Pirate's Booty contacted me today to find out what happened with my free cases. It was just an honest mistake that my samples were never mailed and to make up for it they are going to mail out my cases right away! Plus they are sending me a few extra goodies. I will take pictures as soon as I get them. :) Yeah, I am so happy that I can eat and promote one of my favorite snacks again! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Pirate's Booty, here I come!***********

******Please read comment above******Of course there is always Pirate's Booty which I love but I am a little upset with them since they told me that they were sending me a bunch of samples to review and then never sent them. After them not responding to my emails in over a year I have kind of given up on that one. But seriously, who offers free Pirate's Booty and then doesn't send it. That is just so mean. I don't think they understand how much I like that stuff. I was seriously drooling over all of the great flavors. Some of which I can't even buy around here. Anyway, enough of my ranting. I will get over it some day and start eating my Aged White Cheddar Pirate's Booty again. Maybe. ******Please read comment above ******

Now that I have gotten that out of the way. What low fat popcorn do you eat? I want something that is as close to the real thing as possible. I do love Kettle Corn!

Okay, I have done my popcorn research and this is what I have found. Something very surprising to me. Did you know there is a such thing as a popcorn diet? Seriously? I didn't look into the details because that just sounds so unhealthy but do people really fall for stuff like this. I think we all need to learn that there is no quick fix when it comes to losing weight. It's hard and it takes time but in the end it is worth it to learn to eat healthy for the rest of your life.

I seem to be getting very off topic today. Back to the popcorn. Here are the choices I found. Please let me know if you have tried them and what you thought of them.


ACT II - 94% Fat Free Kettle Corn







ACT II - Mini Bags 94% Fat Free flavors




ACT II - 94% Fat Free Butter



Pop Secret 94% Fat Free Butter




Orville Redenbacher's SmartPop! Butter - 94% Fat Free


Orville Redenbacher's SmartPop! 94% Fat Free Kettle Korn




Cousin Willie's Fat Free Microwave Popcorn



Newman's Own - Unsalted, 94% Fat Free, Organic Microwave Popcorn

This one is my favorite! GoLightly Caramel Popcorn. Isn't GoLightly the liquid you have to drink before a surgery to clean your bowels out? Either way it says it is for people trying to lose weight or just eat healthy. I guess I would be willing to try it.


GOLIGHTLY's Caramel Popcorn Sugar Free, Reduced Calorie, Fat Free

These are all of the choices that I found online. I'm sure their are others but this is a good start. Please vote for your favorite popcorn and if any company would like to send me samples I am more then willing to try them. :)

If I didn't mention your favorite please feel free to type it in anyway. I will try the top two voted for and decide which I like best. Maybe even three if I can get some GoLightly Popcorn. :)




Yesterday's Menu:

Breakfast:
Pudget Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

Lunch:
Left the house at 11:45 and didn't get home until sometime around 3:30. I did eat a Sugar Free chocolate pudding with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and about 10 raw almonds before cooking dinner.

Dinner:
3oz of Pork Tenderlion
approx. 1 medium potato fried in a little EVOO, garlic, salt and pepper with a slice of Weight Watchers Cheese and 8 yellow grape tomatoes on top.
1 cup of zucchinni fried in very little EVOO, garlic, salt and pepper.

Snack: 1 ½ cups of full fat ice cream


7 comments:

:Deliciously Healthy said...

I love popcorn!

I posted some popcorn recipes a few weeks ago on my blog:

http://bedeliciouslyhealthy.blogspot.com/2010/07/movie-night-with-deliciously-healthy.html

Becca said...

By far my favorite kind of popcorn is the kind you make yourself on the stove. A tablespoon of olive oil, a shake of salt, and 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels. Heat the oil, add the popcorn and cover, then shake the pot as the popcorn pops so you don't burn anything. Much healthier (and way cheaper!) than any packaged versions

Beth said...

A few months ago I got this plastic bowl at Target that's a microwave popcorn popper. It's an offwhite color and they have it in the aisle with the microwave stuff, not with the other poppers. It was something like $7-8. I LOVE it. You can use just a little bit of oil and it does such a good job popping. One of my better purchases.

Kelly The Queen said...

I love the jolly time 100 calorie healthy pop butter kind, It tastes buttery to me and they have it in boxes with the mini bags and right on the front it says it is endorsed by weight watchers and is only 1 point per bag. It's about 20 calories per cup and sometimes they have coupons out for this brand. I got my free when Albertson's had them on sale and their were coupons and doublers. But I actually really do like it.

TJ said...

I have a microwave popper that I got at Target- no oil needed. Then I top with KERNELS SEASONING. it comes in TONS of flavors you gotta look for it- guess what, they have CHEESE! Nacho & white cheddar SO GOOD!

Angela said...

We actually make our popcorn on the stove; we just don't care for microwaved popcorn. We buy Orville Redenbacher's White popcorn in the jar and cook it in a little canola oil and a pat of margarine on medium heat. Then after it is cooked, (and here is the key!) we use Kroger's store brand of white cheddar popcorn seasoning. This is a favorite snack at our house. Our children ask for it for "dessert" sometimes! I would dare to say that if you try it, you wouldn't want to go back to the microwaved kind.

The Millers said...

As far as microwave popcorn goes, I like Cousin Willie's, but I like to pop it in my StirCrazy Popcorn Popper by Westbend. Then I control the amount of oil and salt or what ever I want on it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin