Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Late Night Binge

Why do I do this to myself? I was out late and feeling very hungry. So instead of going to bed I stopped at Burger King and got a Medium Oreo Sundae Milkshake, a Rodeo Burger and a $1 Onion Rings.

Yeah, I really did eat all of that at 10pm as a late night snack. I was just going to get ice cream but then a burger and onion rings sounded so good. Somehow I convinced myself that it was okay to do this. I did thoroughly enjoy every bite. It seems like it has been forever since I have had fast food.

After eating and drinking every last drop I felt absolutely disgusting and realized what I had done. I pretty much ate two dinners tonight. I feel like I should be past this type of thing. I have lost almost 50 pounds and I still pig out at Burger King? Do any of you have this same issue? I really hate that I do this to myself.

I know I do this type of binge much less then I used to but I really hope some day I will completely be past it. Occasional fast food is great but only when it is for a meal and not a late night snack after a meal. One day!



The Pudget Plateau Busting Formula:

Yesterday's Menu

Breakfast:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

Lunch:
No lunch - interview

Snack:
Small Boston Shake
Hot Dog w/ bun

Dinner:
Cheeseburger w/ bun
1 Cup of Watermelon


2 comments:

Tammy said...

Jessica,
I partially know how you feel. The part I 100% identify with is how disappointed you feel with yourself after just finishing a fast-food or any other binge. I have been prone to turning to my husband and 9pm or later and saying "you want to do a McDonald's run." Never am I hungry when this happens, I just do it because it sounds good or sounds like something to get us out of the house. 100% of the time I am disappointed with myself before we even order the meal. I'm hoping that these days are behind me or at least few and far between.

The reason I said that I can partially identify is that I have not yet had a substantial weight loss like you. I think that since you've lost nearly 50 lbs proves that you have been in control. You are winning more battles than losing and that is something to be proud of! I wish I had the answer on how to conquer the late night temptations.

Anonymous said...

ugh...yes i do it. i'm excellent at starting the day and even getting thru lunch, but late afternoon/dinner time i get so hungry that i grab whatever and alot of it. :( my current fascination is the 99 cent iced coffes at DD (not bad with splenda and skim) but i can't seem to buy one without a donut lol. i'm desperately trying to lose weight for the wedding too!
~Tiffany :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin