Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What A Mighty God We Serve!

Not only do I love this song but the words are so true. We really do serve an awesome and mighty God! It is always so wonderful to see how mighty he is.

This past Thursday I went to see my Rheumatologist. I have been in such agony lately and I just didn't know what to do. The migraines and Fibromyalgia pain were just overwhelming and seemed to be taking over my life.

During my Rheumatology appointment I told my Doctor how much pain I have been in. She then told me that I am able to take Cymbalta (which I am on know) and Lyrica (the medicine that I was on for almost 2 years for my Fibromyagia) together. I wasn't really sure what to think of that but honestly I am willing to try just about anything to have less pain. I guess I was a little disappointed because it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. I really was hoping for pain killers or steroid shots. Some kind of quick fix.

Isn't it funny how God has other plans for us. We always think that our plans are perfect but He just shows us over and over again that it is His plan that is Perfect.

Thursday night I took my first dose of Lyrica. On Friday Morning I felt pretty good. The pain level was definitely better. By Saturday I felt like a new person. I had almost no pain. Then the same thing happened on Sunday and Monday, and again today. I haven't had a migraine since last Thursday. I haven't taken Excedrin Migraine in 5 days. God is Good! God knows what I need to be doing to get rid of my Fibromyalgia pain. As you can see, God's Will is perfect.

Today I feel like a whole new person. I feel relaxed and happy. I feel ready to take on the world. I finally feel like myself again. I thank God every morning for giving my Doctor the wisdom to pre-scibe the perfect medicine to help take my Fibromyalgia pain away.

Please listen to my favorite song below. I think it became my favorite as a kid because I could remember the words easily. Now it has become a very special song in my heart.



3 comments:

Stacie said...

We do serve a mighty mighty God. It is so great when we think we have it all figured out and then He does something to remind us that He is in control.

I am glad you are feeling good.

Wendy said...

Jessica, I am so happy you are feeling better, you sound wonderful!! He always shows us the way. Keep healthy.
Wendy

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks Stacie and Wendy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin