Saturday, June 26, 2010

Picnic Time!!!

I'm getting ready to go to a family reunion! I am really praying that my appetite is small and that I can have a little self control today. I didn't sleep well so I am not making any guarantee's. :) Just kidding. I am going to try my best.

My goal for today is to not fill myself until I feel like a bloated pig. I hate that feeling. I'm sure you all know what I am talking about. The dreaded feeling of not being able to move after you eat in fear of getting sick. It's even more fun when you have a 2 year old to chase around. You would think that knowing this would prevent me from doing it again but of course it can't be that easy. Unfortunately as soon as I see Tandy Kakes I am done for. If you haven't ever had Tandy Kakes you are missing out. They are thin yellow cake with peanut butter on top and then a nice thick layer of hardened chocolate on top of the peanut butter. Ok, I really need to stop thinking about them or I am not going to be able to stop myself from eating them later. I am telling all of you right now that I promise not to eat any Tandy Kakes today. This way I am accountable to all of you. Make sure you check up on me later. :)

I am going to make today more about having fun with family and friends rather then the usual eating my way through the picnic. I definitely feel better after having a good conversation then I do after a good, fat, greasy burger.

Today I declare that picnics are no longer about eating. They are about socializing! Socializing is one thing that I love almost as much as eating! This is going to be my new motto whenever I go to a picnic. You are welcome to borrow it if you would like! :)

Tomorrow is our Church picnic so I am really going to need to remember my Motto the entire weekend. I am really hoping it will stick! Wish me luck with my self control. It is not something I am particularly good at. Weekend here I come!


Bring It On!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


How do you stay away from the picnic binge?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2 comments:

Matt said...

Did you Tandy Kake?

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Nope!!! And I had a great day because I didn't eat to much. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin