Monday, June 21, 2010

The Most Exciting News!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure a lot of you have been wondering where I have been this past week. The good news is that I haven't fallen off the weight loss wagon. I have just been extremely busy.

You ask why??? A few weeks ago I received a phone call from Woman's World Magazine. Woman's World is a Weekly National Magazine with millions of readers. They actually called me because they wanted to write a feature story on me and my blog. Can you believe it?! I was so excited but I had to be interviewed and then wait to see if the story was approved which I was told could take several months.

Two weeks later (as of last Tuesday) I got the call. The call telling me that I am going to be featured in Woman's World Magazine Issue 34. The cover date will read: August 23, 2010. It will be on sale 8/19 - 8/25/10. All I can say is "God is Good!". He is awesome! God obviously had his hand in this one. It is amazing to see what God has planned for my life. It's so exciting when you give your life to God and give him complete control. You just never know what kinds of great things God has planned. I've realized that I can't control everything that happens in my life but if I give it to God I do know that his Will is perfect and that he has exciting things planned for me. I decided a long time ago that I want to live my life by God's Will and not my own Will.

I really think I am still in shock. This all happened so suddenly. I actually had my Photo Shoot today! It was amazing! I could not have asked for it to be any better. My photographer, M.J. Mahon, did an awesome job taking picture of me and my family. She took more then 400 pictures. She was so much fun to work with. We really had a blast! I think I could get used to this modeling thing. :)

So now you can see why I haven't been around this past week. Between interviews and my photo shoot and I also went on vacation a few days with my sister and brother-in-law. It has been a crazy week and I am so ready for it to calm down a bit.

I hope you are all doing great! I missed hearing from you this past week and I could barely wait to tell all of you about the photo shoot but I wanted to wait until it was done before I announced anything. Have a great week and I hope to get back on schedule a little more in the next few days. I have tons of new ideas to share so I hope you are ready. :)


14 comments:

Tami SouthStreetShabby.blogspot.com said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Wendy said...

Jessica,

Congrats!! You deserve it after all the hard work. Keep it up. Looking forward to getting in on the newstand.!!!

Miss Erin said...

Hey this blog is pretty awesome!!!

I am starting one as well...please take a look.

http://eatingtolivenotlivingtoeat2010.blogspot.com/

Carly said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting. Can't wait to read it.

Lucrecia said...

How exciting! I can't wait to pick up the magazine!! Congrats, you deserve it!

Rhonda said...

That is so awesome! I love how you are giving glory to God!

Bee said...

Found your blog through a friends - and I'm hooked! I've been browsing through it for about an hour - you totally deserve this story! What a great opportunity and accomplishment!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats. That is awesome.

:Deliciously Healthy said...

WOW! That is so exciting! Congratulations!

J said...

Very exciting!!! I completely agree with you on paragraph 3. God is amazing! :)

Sydney R. said...

Wow, that's really impressive! I just stumbled across your blog recently and really appreciate your enthusiasm about eating healthy. I like you have lost weight (about 45 pounds) and also have fibromyalgia, and in addition I also have MS and septic arthritis so it's really hard to exercise. I have exercised twice since reading your blog. If you can do it so can I! Keep up the encouragement and good luck on your own journey!

Sydney

Lisa said...

Congrats!

Angela said...

Awesome!! I'm going to make a note on my calendar to buy a copy that week!

Mimi said...

I am so thrilled for you!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin