Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mini Vacay On A Budget


I almost forgot to share with you about our little vacation last week. My Sister and Brother-in-law invited us to spend a few days with them during there vacation in Wildwood, New Jersey.

Unfortunately my husband couldn't get off of work so it was just me and the girls. I was so excited to have the opportunity to go to the beach this summer. It was completely unexpected and so sweet of my sister and brother-in-law to share there hotel suite with us.

After a very easy 4 hour drive to Wildwood we spent the day on the beach. My girls loved the water and I loved the warm air and sand. It seemed like as soon as I saw the Ocean I felt a wave of relaxation come over me. It was amazing. I think I would love to live at the beach! :)









Me and the girls!






My most memorable moment of the trip was when my Brother-in-law, Matt, lost his kite. Fortunately it caught on ropes from a nearby hotel pool area. Unfortunately the pool was closed and the gates were locked. Can you guess what we did next? We jumped over a cement wall that was almost as high as my shoulders. It was so empowering to be able to jump up onto a cement wall using my arm strength and back down the other side. I was so excited that I could actually do it. Then we were able to save the kite and hop back over the wall back to the beach. It was such a thrill! I know you probably think I am crazy but it was such fun. :) Thanks for the adventure, Matt!

You can see the white banister looking thing. There is actually a cement wall behind it that we jumped over. So much fun!







Then at night we walked the beach looking for some shells for the girls. It was a beautiful night and we were so excited to see dolphins in the nearby water. It was amazing to see them so close. They are amazingly beautiful creatures. Seeing them was another first for me. Such and exciting trip!








Uncle Matt and the girls.












My girls on the beach.














Makayla picking up a dead horseshoe crab. Yuck!










Then something bad happened. Something very bad. My Brother-In-Law bought 13 soft pretzels and mustard to dip them in. Guess who ate more then a half dozen of these enormous beasts? Me of course! Why can't I resist things like this? I don't know about you but the soft pretzels you get at the beach are one of a kind. I just think they are one of the best foods I have ever tasted. Thanks for the treat Matt! I really did enjoy them.

I know it sounds bad that I ate at least 6 soft pretzels but my sister, Kristin, was awesome at packing our lunches and cooking our dinners. During the day I had sandwiches on bagel thins and for dinner I had Chili one night and grilled chicken salads the second night. Thanks Kristin for helping me stay on track for the week!

On day two at the beach we played in the water and the sand for a few hours and then went inside to eat lunch. It was way to windy to eat on a sandy beach. It was really nice that the hotel was right on the beach. We didn't have a far walk to get back. After lunch I got to watch my absolutely adorable nephew while Kristin and Matt took my oldest daughter to the swimming pool. She enjoyed it so much that I ended up taking both of the girls down to swim in the pool later on. It was a great pool.









Uncle Matt and Maddie building a drip castle.












Getting ready for some pool time!













My adorable nephew!
















After the pool we went on a walk for about an hour. It was a beautiful evening and great neighborhood to walk in. I just love that area. It was so nice to get some exercise other then chasing the girls on the beach. :)

Of course after the walk came the Boardwalk. My Mom gave my daughters money to spend and my oldest decided to get a hair braid. She is so funny! She looks adorable with it in. I have decided that I love the boardwalk. It is like a huge carnival every night. It was so much fun that I didn't want to leave.


Maddie with her hair braid.




Kristin, myself and the kids at the boardwalk.






On Day three of our trip we visited the beach one last time and then checked out of the hotel. We decided to spend the day in Cape May, NJ. Wow, this place is so perfect. One of the most beautiful towns I have ever seen. I would have loved to have stayed all day but instead we browsed the shops, ate lunch and then headed home. We knew it was going to be a long ride home so we decided to leave early. We were right. With traffic and stops it took us almost 6 hours to get home.



Me and "Jeanne"

Last time at the beach!


Lunch in Cape May
Buying our matching rings in Cape May. It's amazing how happy a cheap ring can make a little girl.

I am so proud of myself for driving that far from home all by myself. I am not good with directions so this was a big accomplishment for me. Now I feel like I can drive anywhere. As long as I have my GPS. ;)

Thanks Kristin and Matt for a great inexpensive and fun vacation! You guys are great!



1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds like an awesome mini vacay.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin