Friday, June 4, 2010

Picnic Dip On A Budget

I just found a recipe in this month's All You magazine and thought that it sounded great. It is called Fruit dip but I think it would be wonderful to take to a picnic with some pretzels and whatever kind of fruit you can find at a good price. Actually I might even leave out the fruit altogether and just take it to at party/picnic with just the pretzels. This will help save some money. We all know how expensive fruit can be.

Fruit Dip
All You Magazine - Weight Watchers' Cream Cheese Advertisement
Servings: About 12
(Makes 23 tbsp)
Serving Size 2 tbsp
1 Point Per Serving

1 - 8 oz. bar Weight Watchers' Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Spread (room temperature)
1/4 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
3 tbsp. Sugar-free seedless raspberry preserves

Combine all ingredients. Blend thoroughly. Serve with fresh fruit.



PUDGET Substitutions:
1. Purchase Aldi or Walmart brand reduced fat cream cheese for approximately $1.00

2. Purchase Marshmallow Fluff from Aldi or Walmart.

3. Sugar-free seedless raspberry preserves can be very pricey. Check your local Walmart or Aldi. I'm not sure if they sell this product. If not you can always buy Sugar-free strawberry preserves. Strawberry preserves are usually priced less then raspberry.

4. Double or triple this recipe. I think you will need a larger amount for a picnic and why not since you have all of the ingredients. Just pick up an extra one or two blocks of reduced fat cream cheese and you are set.

5. Serve with pretzels instead of fruit to save a lot of money.


I think I am going to try making this for my friends 30th Birthday party tomorrow. I will let you know how much it costs me and how well it goes over.


1 comment:

undisclosed said...

I have made something very similar that is sooo yummy. Use the pink cream cheese (I think it is strawberry) and the fluff. Then you do not need the fruit preserves. Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin