Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm Really Doing It This Time!

I may have already said this several times but I am really determined at this point to lose the last few pounds that I have until I reach my 50 pounds lost. I need to get my butt out of this plateau and the only way for me to do it is to be really strict again and exercise, exercise, exercise!

It sounds so simple but maybe that is because I am having a really good week with my hubby home. No stress at all. I wish it could always be like this. Right now the kids are in bed and we are both in bed relaxing. I am writing this post and he is reading a book. I honestly think that day trips are so much less stressful when you have kids so young. It's still a lot of work to pack lunches, dinners, clothes and all the extras but when you get home at night we all sleep in our own beds. I think that may be the best part. That and we are saving lots of money that we can use to pay off debt.

I know that it isn't going to be that simple. Once life gets stressful again and I am not sleeping well I know that I am a lot less motivated. I really need to work on relaxing at night so that I can sleep better. It really changes my whole outlook on life when I sleep. When I don't sleep well I wake up in the morning with a headache. It's not a good way to start your day. If any of you suffer with the same problem I have found a little trick. Whenever I feel a headache come on I take two Midol. I know they are meant for PMS but they work miracles for me. They turn a day that could be horrible into a completely normal day. I am so thankful I have something that works. I haven't taken any migraine medicine since I figured out this trick.

I am really going to stay motivated because once I get to 165 I know I can make it to 160 no problem. I always seem to get stuck every 10 pounds. Maybe it is just my bodies way of adjusting. At this point I think it is just me being lazy and enjoying food to much. :)

So now that I have said it I really have to stick to it. I am going to be below 166.6 in less then 2 weeks. This is going to take a lot of work but I know I can do it. I really want it. This means that next week when my hubby goes back to work I am going to spend three days a week at the gym working my butt off and loving it. I am so ready to get back. I really miss the sweaty time to myself.

Also, I am going to have to plan my meals better instead of throwing something together at the last minute. It is way to stressful that way. Another thing I am going to do is write down everything that goes in my mouth. When I was doing Weight Watchers online in the past it really worked. Maybe I just need to do it to get me over this plateau.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you get past your plateaus?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


7 comments:

Kelly The Queen said...

I read in our local newspaper a study that they did about migraine headaches and they gave half the people migraine medication like Imitrex and the other half 1000 mg of aspirin and both groups had the same relief of their symptoms of a migraine headache, So my husband decided to try it and it has worked for him and it's way cheaper than buying Imitrex
Good luck with getting past your plateau...you can do it!! I have been in a plateau myself and need to do some of the same things you are talking about, exercise more and write down everything I eat and plan meals are all things that work just need to do it!!

Miz said...

it may sound silly or..narcissistic :) but I get past my plateaus by REMINDING MYSELF OF PAST SUCCESSES.
revisiting in any way that I can.

and getting my brain (and as a result my bod) to remember that IVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL BEFORE AND I WILL BE AT THIS TOO!

and so shall you.

Anonymous said...

Take a look at the ingredients, but I think midol and migraine medicine are pretty much the same!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

I guess I should have been more specific. I take Imetrex for my migraines so in my case they are different. It makes me so happy when I don't have to take the imetrex because it does take the migraine away but leaves me feeling yucky.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Kelly, That is crazy but I believe it. I ussually save my Imetrex as a last resort type of thing. I know you are supposed to take it at the first sign but I really hate the way it makes me feel. I've learned that if I take the Midol as soon as I feel a headache coming on it takes away the headache and makes me feel good. I think it is from the caffene in it.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Miz - That's a great idea! I'm going to try that one too.

KK @ Running Through Life said...

I think Miz's advice is right on!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin