Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Not A Super Hero!

I feel like it has been forever since I have written a post. I guess it really has only been a few days but it has been so crazy around my house that it just feels like time is flying by.

My crazy week began by actually going to the gym. I went Tuesday and Wednesday and I really enjoyed getting back into things. I had planned to go three days but I also planned a huge yard sale so it just didn't work out. I ended up preparing for the yard sale instead of going to the gym.

I actually made out pretty well at the yard sale. It was two days and I made almost $400. It was a lot of work and I am so glad it is over.

I'm sure you would like to know what I ate this past week. Well, for starters after my daughters soccer game on Thur. I ate a whole Chicken Cheese steak in the Garden. Not the low fat ones but the real one's with homemade bread. Yikes! That's what I get for not taking the time to eat all day.

Then onto Fri. I ate 8 pieces of Dominos pizza. I'm not sure if it was out of Yard sale boredom or because I had PMS. Either way it was really bad. After 11 hours of preparation, yard sale and clean up I was completely exhausted. We ended up going out for dinner again. This time I had chicken fingers, fries, coleslaw, a salad and part of my daughters hot fudge brownie sundae. Wow, I really needed some sleep at that point. Who in there right mind orders that much food when they are watching their weight. Crazy!

Saturday was the last day of the yard sale and lets just say probably my worst day of eating. I started out with three regular hot dogs for lunch and then when dinner time came around we decided to get a sitter and go out with my sister, brother-in-law, and a friend and her husband. It was the first time in a long time that we had a night away from the kids. It was WONDERFUL! I almost forgot how nice it is to go out with friends without kids. We went to the Drive-In and watched Karate Kid. It was really good. But before the Drive-In we made a stop at the gas station for some snacks. We bought tons of snacks including lots and lots of candy bars, chips, combo's, meat sticks and soda. After we got there our husbands went to the concession stand and bought more food. So I ended up eating a huge pickle, some chili cheese fries, half a burger, a few onion rings, chips and cheese, King size almond joy, peanut m&m's, and I'm sure some other stuff.

I know this post is slightly embarrassing and you are probably wondering why I am sharing this with you. I am sharing it so that you know that I am human just like everyone else. Even after losing almost 50 pounds I still fall off of the wagon just as much as everyone else but the important part is to realize it and get back on. We all have our moments of weakness and this weekend was mine. Now it is time to write the weigh in post. I will be back with that one tomorrow. :)


5 comments:

adayinthelifeofaross said...

I admire your bravery! I have weekends (or weeks!) like this and don't even like to aknowledge it to myself, let alone the blogosphere. But I think this is partly why you are seeing results. You are being honest with your journey and Lord willing, you are learning from these set-backs and pushing ahead. Thanks for your example!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I had a bad eating weekend too. I'm back to good eating though.

Mimi said...

You'll always have slips, but stepping back up to reality and just moving forward is the only way to go.

I'm rooting for you!

laurajane said...

Thanks for being brave and posting. I've recently had a major slip-up. Last week I impulsively bought a thing of coconut covered mini doughnuts. I think one serving was considered 2 mini donuts for 200 calories. The package probably had 30 donuts. But I ate the whole thing in about 3 days (in addition to all my usual foods)!!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for sharing everyone. It makes me feel better that I am not alone. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin