Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Freezing Food

I spent a lot of today freezing food. I froze strawberries from my parents and my in-laws gardens. I love Strawberries! My favorite use for these frozen Strawberries is Strawberry Cheesecake smoothies. I'm pretty sure that will be my breakfast tomorrow.






Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie:
1 Cup Skim Milk
2 TBSP Fat Free/Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding mix
1/4 cup Splenda
1/2 to 1 Cup of frozen Strawberries
a few ice cubes if needed for correct consistency

Combine all ingredients and place in blender until smooth.



I also made a quick stop at my local grocery store today and found Laura's Lean Hamburger (93/7) for $2.92 a pound. I was so excited because that is even less expensive then Walmart or Aldi. That and my family eats tons of lean hamburger. I ended up buying 3 packages that were all around two pounds each. You can see in the picture below that I came right home and froze it into 6 little one pound packages. It's amazing what you can do with 1 pound of hamburger.







I was also able to pick up a few items for my breakfasts. I haven't been eating breakfast lately because I haven't had any healthy breakfast foods to eat. I ended up buying Sugar Free Fat Free Chocolate pudding mix and Sugar Free/Fat Free Cheesecake pudding mix to make some breakfast smoothies. They are always so good on a hot morning. That and they are very inexpensive and filling. I also bought three bananas for the smoothies. I just love to put frozen banana in my chocolate or chocolate peanut butter smoothies. I froze them right away also. It is so easy to just pop one out of the freezer and throw it right into the blender. As you can see in the picture the bananas were so big that I decided to cut them into thirds.









Today was a very productive day for me. I made it to the grocery store, spent the afternoon with a great friend, did several loads of laundry and cleaned my entire down stairs. It feels so good when my house is in order. After the crazy Holiday Weekend my house looked like a cyclone had gone through it. Now we are all back to normal.


For dinner tonight I made Sirloin Tips On A Budget (my Mom's recipe), baked potatoes and a salad. It was so good. I could have easily over eaten on the Sirloin tips. They were amazing! I can't wait to have them again. As soon as London Broils go on sale Buy one Get one. :)



I also bought a big package of chicken today. I am thinking about putting it in the crock pot and then using it for meals throughout the week. I am so hungry for chicken salad sandwiches on bagel thins! It has been a long time since I bought chicken just because it has been to expensive. I think my family is going to be very excited!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone found any new inexpensive Chicken Recipes lately? I am always looking for something new to try.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



2 comments:

Sydney said...

We use grilled chicken and make lettuce wraps with salsa and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Low cal and very delicious!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Sydney, That sounds awesome! I will have to try it some time. Very quick easy and healthy. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin