Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Did I Really Eat That Much Food???

What a wonderful Holiday weekend! We had a great time celebrating the Men and Woman that serve our Country. They make so many sacrifices to make our Country what it is today. I am so grateful for everything they have done and continue to do to protect us and our Country.








I had way too much fun this weekend! Friday I spent the evening with one of my best friends in the World. We had a spur of the moment get together and had so much fun. We ate dinner around 11pm and I didn't get home until almost 2am. It was so much fun getting together with one of my College roommates and just catching up on life. Unfortunately I ate so much food. I had a small blizzard at Dairy Queen and then two chicken cheese steaks and strawberry shortcake for dessert at Tara's house. What was I thinking? I know not to eat that much. I think I just got so caught up in the fun of feeling great and being with a great friend that I didn't think about what I put in my mouth.




Then on Sat. I had another picnic. I had BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, and tons of sides. I ate more then I should have but not as bad as Friday night. Luckily I made an Apple Spice cake for dessert. I ate two pieces and boy was it good. I also made dirt dessert (not very healthy) but the kids loved it.



Aunt Diana and I - She is the best Aunt in the entire world!

My Girls before Church on Sunday.


Maddie picking Strawberries



The worst part of my weekend was when I ate 3 donuts in one sitting. (Thanks Becky!) ;) I was so tired and thought that I could stop at one. I was definitely wrong. After 3 donuts I decided to go to bed. I should have done that before I ate the donuts. Again - not thinking straight.





We had another picnic on Monday and when they say that a picture is worth a thousand they were so right. Check out this picture. It pretty much tells you exactly how well I ate.



Those really aren't all of my plates. But it does make a funny picture! :)

My Husband looks so thrilled in this picture.


Making S'mores over the fire. Can you believe I only ate one?!






Chasing my daughter out of the neighbors yard.



We really did have a wonderful Holiday weekend despite my eating. I guess I am just going to put it behind me and get back on track.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



How did you do this Holiday Weekend?





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin