Monday, June 7, 2010

Day Trips On A Budget

As you all know I am a stay at home Mom on a tight budget. I have come to realize that many Mom's feel that they can't leave the house because they don't think they can afford to. I just wanted to share with you a few things that myself and a bunch of my stay at home Mom friends have come up with to do with our kids this summer on a budget.





Today we got a group together and went to an amusement park not to far from our house. We all know that amusement parks are expensive especially the food. So what we did was take the kids to the park's swimming pool for the day. We spent the whole day at the pool and had a blast. We packed a picnic lunch and snacks for ourselves and the kids. My girls and I were able to enjoy the entire day at the park for $14.00. We had such a blast. Check out some of the pictures!














We also have other things we would like to do with the kids this summer. Just some fun little day trips.


1. The Crayola Factory - Easton, PA - Price is very reasonable and you can pack a lunch and eat it in their cafateria.
2. A Day at the park - Picnic Lunch
3 Treasure Castle Playhouse - Williamsport, PA - Sounds really cool and $9 per kid for the whole day.
4. Bloomsburg Children's Museum - Bloomsburg, PA - great price and would be perfect to have a picnic in the park after.
5. Rickets Glenn State Park - Lake Jean - Free sand beach on the lake. It is beautiful! It's the same place that I went camping at last year. We can bring a picnic lunch and hang out on the beach all day. It's great.




Look for places like these in your area. Many State Parks have free sand beaches. Also, local pools make for a nice fun day for the kids. I'm sure if you do a little research of your surrounding towns you will be able to find many affordable day trip ideas.
Please let us know if you have any other suggestions!


1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds like fun ideas. I create a summer fun list each year. It reminds me of all the fun and mostly cheap activities I want to do with the kids. I posted it here.

http://secretmomthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/06/summer-fun-list.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin