Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Exercise Find!

I'm so excited to share this with all of you! As you all know I have been having trouble the last few weeks getting exercise back into my routine. I think I may have found the solution.

Netflix! My sister bought my husband a 6 month subscription for his birthday this past year. So my family and I have really been enjoying watching tons of movies. It is really great for us because we don't have cable. The best part is that you can order a free dvd from Netflix that allows you to watch all of their "Watch Instantly" selection right on your TV. It is so easy to use and convenient. Anyway, back to the exercise thing. I just realized that Netflix offers exercise DVD's. They actually have a pretty nice selection and many of them can be watched instantly.

This means that I can choose any of these videos and do them from my computer or my tv. I am so excited. I tried it out for the first time today. My girls were watching a Thomas The Train movie on the tv so I decided to do the exercise dvd on the laptop. It was wonderful!


The dvd I used was Dance Off the Inches: Tummy Tone Party Zone. It was great! I am so not coordinated but I was still able to do most of the steps to the dance. I loved it. It was really fun to dance while exercising. Then at the end of the dvd their was a special abs on the mat section. I really felt that I got a great workout from the dvd. I will definitely do it again. The best part was that when I was done I thought I had done the video for about 15 minutes but when I checked it was actually 38 minutes. Pretty cool!

If anyone is interested in trying out different exercise dvds Netflix just may be the way to go. I think it costs about $8.00 a month and you receive unlimited dvd's (one at a time) through the mail plus anything they have listed as watch instantly. It is such a great buy and I can't wait to try out the other videos.


11 comments:

Anna B. said...

I am a netflix member and I never realized they had workout DVDS. Cool!

Anna B. said...

I am a netflix member and I never realized they had workout DVDS. Cool!

LauraLynne said...

Oh my gosh - I never thought of that!! I tried finding a few clips on YouTube but got frustrated by the volume of garbage on there - but Netflix - I've got netflix and I've even got a WII fit to stream the movies through on my big TV!! Here's hoping I can figure that part out...

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Anna - that's awesome that you already have it. Enjoy!!!

LauraLynne - It's pretty simple. Let me know if you need help.

Pubsgal said...

They have a TON of workout videos. It's a great way to try-before-you-buy, too. (I like the 10 Minute Solutions Kickboxing Bootcamp, which isn't as harsh as it sounds. ;-)

Another option is the public library! I've found lots of workout DVDs that way. If yours is a part of a larger library system, you may be able to borrow from other libraries in the system and have the materials transported to your nearest library. It's called placing a hold, and usually is really inexpensive. My library system has an online card catalog, so it's like shopping online. :-)

Tami said...

We just canceled out Blockbuster on line subscription. I think we will check out Netflix. Thanks for the information.

laurajane said...

I had a Netflix subscription a couple years ago, and enjoyed getting some exercise DVDs. It's a great way to try stuff out. They didn't have my favorites though (Cathe Friedrich), but they had some pretty good ones. I really liked Christi Taylor step.

Kimberlea said...

I'm thrilled for you Jessica. I know it's so hard to really find something that works when it comes to exercise. I own about 30+ DVDs & VCR tapes of all sorts of exercise programs, so I know the importance of variety. I don't care how much fun something is. After even a straight week of it, it's nice to have something different to try. We get in different moods for food and the same can be said for exercise. If you liked that DOTInches routine, see if they have the DOTInches Calorie Blasting Party. It's one of my favorites. It's one that I almost could do all the time lol. Good luck & great job :-)

Jessica said...

Jessica- There is an award for you on my blog! :)

Jessica said...

Jessica,

I just looked at your profile picture and you are really looking fabulous! I'm glad that you found a new workout routine and works for your lifestyle well - that's so exciting!

Keep up the hard work! You are simply looking fabulous!

Kim said...

Great idea! We just joined Netflix recently and we are loving the instant movies through the WII - it's like having unlimited Pay-Per-View access for only $8 a month! We've been able to find some older movies too - not just new releases which is cool. I never thought about exercise videos though - I will definitely check them out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin