Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Migraines Have Been Taking Over My Life

For the past two weeks I feel like the migraines just haven't given me a break. I have been having migraines almost every day and I just can't seem to get rid of them. I think it is from the Fibromyalgia and lack of sleep. I have tried Tylenol, Tylenol PM at night, Midol, Excedrin migraine, IB Profin and Imetrex. I hate taking all of this medicine (not at the same time of course). The Excedrin migraine works well if I catch it right away and the Imetrex takes the edge off when I wait to long to take it.

I am just so sick of my life being ruled by migraines. I can't seem to function when my head hurts that bad. I don't want to talk, cook, clean, or anything else when I feel like this.

Today I woke up migraine free and had a great day. I caught up on all of my house cleaning, laundry and spent some time playing with my girls. It was a nice relaxing day. I am praying that I have many more days like this and no more migraine days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any advice for migraines? Secret remedies?


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Jessica, sorry to hear about the migraines, they do suck!! I didn't realize the Fibromyalgia and migraine connection. are you drinking enough water? Allergies? A 2 week period is terrible. When I take Imetrex, I get rebound migraines, for a few days afterwards. I'll be interested to see if anyone else has some remedies. Hope you feel well soon.
Wendy

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks Wendy!
I'm not sure if it's the fibromyalgia for sure. I am just in so much pain that I am assuming that the pain is causing the migraines but I guess it could be allergies. I'm just not sure how to tell.
I have heard of rebound headaches and I am wondering if that is what I'm having. I'm just not sure how to end the cycle.

Leah H said...

I suffer from migraines too, and my best trick is Excedrin Tension Headache. I have tried Ex. Migraine, but it doesn't work as well for me. Apparently the Tension doesn't have aspirin in it...maybe that would make a difference? The only other thing I can tell you is to be sure you're taking in enough water.

Carrie said...

I was taking a prescription drug to prevent migraines before I got pregnant called amitriptilene (not sure of the exact spelling). It's usually used as an antidepressant, but in small doses it helps prevent migraines. Plus, it helps you sleep.

This was my LIFESAVER! I suffered from cluster migraines each month and this totally got rid of them. I was just diagnosed with fibro, too, but since I'm pregnant I'm not taking any meds. Once I stop nursing I'm going RIGHT back on the amitriptilene because it truly helped prevent migraines. I'm hoping it will help with sleeping and my other fibro symptoms so I don't have to go on any fibro meds. Good luck!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin