Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Can Do It!

Tonight I made the most delicious dinner. I had some cooked shrimp in the freezer that I picked up at Wal-mart on Tuesday so I decided to cook it up. My whole family loved it. My husband actually told me that I should make it again. This is what I came up with.

Garlic Shrimp Pasta:

Ingredients:

1 box of Ronzoni Smart Taste Angel Hair Pasta

1 lb medium cooked shrimp (Wal-mart sells it for $5 a bag)

1 pint of grape tomatoes halved

1 - 2 tbsp olive oil

Brummel and Brown Butter - enough to cover pasta - I used about 1/3-1/2 Cup.

2-3 tbsp of minced garlic in oil

Directions:

Boil pasta according to directions on package. While water is starting to boil heat oil in fry pan with minced garlic. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp is heated and garlic is cooked. When Shrimp starts to stick add butter and simmer for a few minutes. Then add tomatoes and simmer for 1-2 minutes. After pasta is cooked and drained place in bowl and pour shrimp and butter over top and salt to taste.

7 Servings

Look what I bought today!




A new workout DVD. I bought the Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout. I heard it was really good. I can't wait to try it. I would have done it today but I have had a headache all afternoon. Excedrin Migraine didn't take care of it and neither did Midol. Unfortunately I am out of my migraine medicine so I am just going to have to sleep it off tonight.

Tomorrow I will officially start exercising again. I can do it! I am actually kind of excited about it. I hope the excitement stays until tomorrow. :)



2 comments:

Kat said...

Jessica, that really sounds good - I'm betting my family will like it too!

I just joined WW Online this evening (been kicking it around for a while) so I'm thinking this will be a great dinner on plan.

Thanks for sharing - and keep them coming

Jessica said...

Your dinner looks GREAT! I will have to try that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin