Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 6 - Low Carb - I Caved!

Yes, I had a Carb Binge. A Big carb binge! At 1:30 this morning. Why is it that I am so weak in the middle of the night when I can't sleep? It seems like I can't stop because I am in a fog. It is awful.

When I went to bed I knew that I was really craving carbs but I was trying to hold out. Then I couldn't sleep and it all went downhill from there. I think the low carb thing is causing my sleep problems. It's either that or pms or a combination of the two.

So when I got up at 1:30am I first grabbed a Hershey bar. You know you are desperate when you eat your 1 year old little girls candy bar from her aunt and uncle. Then I moved on to finish off a bag of potato chips and then the rest of the cheetos. So sad!

Well, I guess this low carb thing just isn't for me. I actually enjoyed it for a few days. I was able to eat so much more meat and cheese instead of bread and I really liked that. But then yesterday I got cranky and started to have awful craving and feeling that need to binge.

I discovered that it is never good to deprive yourself of something. Moderation is the key. It has worked for me for the past year and a half. I guess it wasn't the best idea for me to try to change things up and go so low carb.

I think in the future that I will try to go lower carb and higher protein. That part I liked but I will still eat some carbs because I like them and so does my body. :) If depriving myself is going to cause binges I don't think it is a good thing for me to do.

I do have to say that I give all of the credit in the world to anyone who can handle this low carb way of life. It's hard! Really, really hard.

Now it is time for me to move back to my normal way of eating. I am really looking forward to eating some bread tomorrow.

How did all of you do with your low carb eating this week?


4 comments:

estroJen said...

Hi Jessica :)

I have to "live la vida" low carb every day so I usually eat carbs for breakfast and not the rest of the day. I guilt trip myself all day about breakfast so I end up staying away from them the rest of the day...lol

My advice would be to limit carbs to one meal a day and cut them out the rest of the day. Or eat a small piece of chocolate every day(whatever you enjoy most in moderation). It slows the weight loss a bit, but helps with the cravings.

Great blog, keep up the good work :)

estroJEN

Anonymous said...

i think it's more about wanting what you can't have. i did south beach for 3 days...and all i could think about was sugar/carbs/bread/junk cause i couldn't have it. i was FULL becuase i could eat as much veggies and meat as i wanted, but still that was not enough. i became obsessed with thinking about it and although i felt great and was losing weight, i stopped it and haven't gone back.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

EstroJen - Thanks for the advice. I like the idea of only having carbs during one meal.

Anonymous- I know completely how you felt. I felt exactly the same way. The cravings were awful even though I wasn't hugry.

Tami SouthStreetShabby.blogspot.com said...

Jessica...
I am a former LA Weightloss member and now using South Beach. The thing is...that the longer you are off the carb kick, the easier it is to stay off and the cravings simply go away!
For years (past), I never ate bread..any type of bread and limited all other carbs as well, and all white sugar and my weight was great, I was happy and rarely even had to watch what I ate. I fell off the wagon a few years ago and BANG! the weight piled on and now I have to watch everything! If you are serious about kicking the carb addiction (it is an addiction) then just keep it up. It takes more than a week to kick (like any other serious addiction) and believe me, you will reap the benefits...and the side benefits are less heartburn, reflux and easier weightloss. :-) Keep on going you look great!
Tami

Blog Widget by LinkWithin