Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back To The Basics!

I decided to take some advice from some of my very sweet readers. I got several comments in the past few weeks telling me that the way to go is to get back to the basics. So I decided to give it a try.

I just said to my sister today that I know what I need to do to lose the next 10 pounds. It is just making myself do it. I need to exercise and be strict with what I allow myself to eat. It sounds so easy. So why is it so hard?

The next week or so I am going to be going back threw some of my past posts and finding some of the things that I did in the past that really helped me with my weight loss. I will be sure to share them with you when I find them.


Today at Wal-mart I picked up a few things that used to help me in the past. I bought a big bag of raw almonds, salad mix, a huge watermelon, 2 apples, SF choc. pudding mix for breakfast smoothies, frozen shrimp and salmon. These are all things that I enjoy and that I know will help with the weight loss. Now onto how I am going to make myself exercise regularly. I haven't figured this one out yet but it is definitely my next big challenge. I really hope that once I figure this one out there will be no stopping me!

Any suggestions on how to get myself motivated to exercise regularly again?


5 comments:

jess214 said...

When you get the exercise thing figured out, let me know! I am with you on this post. It's so easy to slowly creep back into old habits, but so hard to get the new habits to stick. This week has been a bad eating week for me, but I know I need to get back to watching points.

Oh...the prize for your challenge was a good motivator...lol! But seriously, that was my best month of exercise. I could really see and feel a difference, but didn't stick to it...ugh!

Rheina said...

When I'm not motivated to exercise I give myself a pass and only exercise for half of the time I normally would. Usually once I get to it, I end up exercising for the normal length. If you think about it, once you exercise, you can forget about it. I don't know about you, but when I don't exercise, I think about that fact the whole day.

Also, exercise in the morning if you can because then it's over with and you don't even have to think about it.

Jessica said...

I am a pretty new reader, so I am not sure what types of exercise you do, but I have found for myself that making exercise goals like running a mile in 12 minutes, Running 3 miles in 36 minutes, doing the Shred for 5 days straight, and then filling a jar with simple rewards like a new nailpolish really help me stick with it. Most of the time it take a week or two of really working on the exercise to reach the goal so I am not spending alot of money on rewards. But I make the rewards items I would not normally purchase. Also having the jar filled with the rewards and drawing for it makes it more of a game for me! I will work super hard to pull out a reward from the jar :) haha!

Beth said...

Do you live in a neighborhood where you can run errands on foot? I've been trying to do that lately since I cannot get to the gym outside the days I work with my trainer. I can walk the older kid to and from school (in the stroller, of course, unless I want it to take forever), Target, the grocery store, the library, and the post office. Just doing those things on foot helps me get my exercise in. If that's not possible in your neighborhood would it be crazy to drive halfway to a destination and then walk? I know your older is probably not stroller age any more but can you do this while she's in school?

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks so much for all of your advice. I love the idea of motivations like nail polish. That might actually work for me since I don't splurge on myself very often.

I also love the idea of a half time pass because of course the hardest part is getting yourself started. Once I start I most likely won't want to start in half the time. Love it!

Also, the idea of walking more is a good idea. It's funny how you forget the little things that you once used to lose weight.

Thanks for all of the advice!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin