Thursday, May 6, 2010

And The Number Is ... Week 70

What an awful week for weight loss. The low carb thing did not work well for me and I ended up binging the last few days. I ate everything in site. Including lots of cake and other unhealthy foods.

I'm very upset with myself because this morning when I got on the scale it said 172.6. That is a gain of 2.6 pounds. Yikes!

I really need to get past this plateau. I need some help. If any of you have any suggestions please let me know. This is the hardest plateau I have hit so far. It seem like every 10 pounds I hit another plateau. I really want to be in a size 10 for the summer. I just need to keep reminding myself of that.


My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: No- That a big problem. I know that if I exercise it will come off so much faster. Actually now that I think about it I think that is how I got past the last plateau. I guess it is worth a try. :) Know I just need the energy to do it.

2. Water: I drank plenty of water this week!

3. Late night eating: I think I did get up and binge on chocolate on or two nights this week. That stupid Easter Candy. It's not even stuff that I like. :(

4. Snacking: I did good snacking when I was doing low carb but once I stopped I started snacking on chocolate and everything else I could find.

5. Eating more fruits and veggies: I ate lots of veggies this week and really enjoyed it. I haven't eaten fruit in a while because I haven't had the extra money to spend on it. Hopefully I can afford it next week.


What do I need to work on for next week:
I need to beat this plateau! I know I can do this. I just need to refocus and really concentrate on my eating, exercise and sleeping schedule. I also need to make time to exercise. It seems so hard to do right now because I seem to always be on play dates, the park, shopping, cocking or cleaning. How do I find time for me? I need to figure this one out.


13 comments:

Wendy said...

Jessica, when I'm trying to watch my carbs at night, I try ricotta cheese mixed with baking cocoa and sweet & low. Its ALMOST like the filling of a cannoli. I've got a ridiculous sweet tooth in the evening, and it does help.
Wendy
ps - love your blog & journey, you are inspiring

Jen said...

I hear another 30 day challenge coming on.... :-)

McNeill Family said...

At least you stuck to your accountability and posted! Gains are never fun but owning it and then just moving forward is the most important thing you can do. I just watched a Biggest Loser episode from last week and someone asked Bob a question about losing those last 5 pounds. I know this isn't your last but I think his answer is relevant in a plateau. He said something to the effect of going back to when you were really tightening down and writing down every bite that crosses your lips. Weight loss can be such a mental challenge and I would just encourage you to be creative with your time and instead of giving in to the temptations with a food substitution use a creative or active substitution! Keep it up you are doing amazing!

jess214 said...

I am so with you right now. Feel like I'm just stuck. I think for me a lot of it is mental. This has to be about changing habits for GOOD! Not just losing the weight. It seems so overwhelming at times to think that I am going to have to think and work this hard for the rest of my life. I keep reminding myself that once these things are habits it should get easier. I also realized that not only do I have to add good habits, but more importantly the bad habits have to GO! I also need to find that time to exercise. There always seems to be an excuse. Your 30 Day Shred challenge was awesome! But then I slacked off after that. Anyway, not much advice, but you're not alone. I will be checking back to see what advice you receive.

Jess

jess214 said...

I am so with you right now. Feel like I'm just stuck. I think for me a lot of it is mental. This has to be about changing habits for GOOD! Not just losing the weight. It seems so overwhelming at times to think that I am going to have to think and work this hard for the rest of my life. I keep reminding myself that once these things are habits it should get easier. I also realized that not only do I have to add good habits, but more importantly the bad habits have to GO! I also need to find that time to exercise. There always seems to be an excuse. Your 30 Day Shred challenge was awesome! But then I slacked off after that. Anyway, not much advice, but you're not alone. I will be checking back to see what advice you receive.

Jess

Susan said...

I've read that building more muscle helps with the plateau. Also, you had a few days off from dieting so maybe that will help trick your body into losing again. Be encouraged! When I hit my plateau I was there for a month but when I broke it these last five pounds were easy!

Linda said...

Contest and competitions always work for me. Of course, I'm competitive by nature. (I bet I comment more than you!) Anyway one thing I’ve been thinking of trying is a new competition my job emailed us about. You can win money! Winning a contest and getting money. Ok, now I’m hooked. Anyway, here is the link if you’re interested: www.healthywage.com

Keep up the cool blog by the way. I’m so glad I’m not alone in this process!

Linda Lee

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Wendy - That sounds so good! I might try something like that. In the new hungry girl cookbook they have a low fat cannolli recipe that my sister said is wonderful. It is made with a suger cone. I may skip the cone and just eat the filling.:) Thanks for the advice.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Jen, I like the way you think! :) Maybe I will be asking for some suggestions soon.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

McNeill Family- Thanks so much for all of the advice. You are right. Eventhough I don't want to admit it I know that if I go back to the way I started I will do great. I know I need to be strict again but I am really dreading it. I like the way I can be now. I still eat healthy most of the time but I am not anywhere near as strict as I used to be. Thanks for giving me the push I needed. I am going to go back to being strict for a few weeks and see how it goes. Thanks for taking the time to post this advice for me. I really needed it. :)

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Jess214 - You are so right. It is all mental. You just need to get your mind ready to do it and then you will be fine. You are also right about the habits. I have so many things that I do now that I never thought I could call a habit but my lifestyle has changed so much through my weight loss journey and so many of the healthy changes I made have now become habits. Unfortunately I still have many others that I still need to work on.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Susan, Great Idea! I tell myself every week that I need to get back into exercise. I know that is what really helps me but I can't seem to find the time or get myself motivated enough to find the time. Any advice?

Tami SouthStreetShabby.blogspot.com said...

Hi Jess...found you recently and I have to commend you on your SUCCESS! I'm thinking w
"Wendy" has some insight into South Beach Diet. Get the book...the recipes are great and they have dessert recipes in there too. Keep in mind that the ricotta cheese whip it is a half cup serving. But it's WONDERFUL...make sure you use your electric mixer and it will fluff up similar to a mousse! (Too much 'cheese' and it'll have an adverse effect on your daily...system)**Tami :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin