Friday, April 2, 2010

Why Was I Dreading It?

My Birthday is over and I now have realized that it was kind of silly for me to dread being in my 30's. It really isn't that bad.

I had a wonderful birthday and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. My sister got me all of the Twilight Saga books and both of the movies. I am loving them. I watched the movies and loved them. I was shocked that they weren't scary and I didn't have nightmares. Then I decided to read the books. They are so good that I can barely put them down. I am about halfway through book three. I have never enjoyed reading this much in my entire life.

The present that I received that shocked me the most was from my parents. They showed up at my house last night with Pizza and a new laptop!!! I was completely shocked. I never in a million years expected my parents to buy me a laptop for my birthday. I was so shocked that I actually woke up this morning thinking "did I really get a laptop for my birthday?". It is so cool that I am sitting on the couch typing this post on my new laptop. It is going to make my life so much easier and more fun. No more fighting over the computer. :) I think that makes my husband happy. I feel so spoiled and loved right now. Nothing beats the feeling of being loved!

The best part is that my birthday didn't end there. My in-laws sent me money which I used to get my hair cut and colored and my Aunt Diana sent me this beautiful dress. I love it. I couldn't have picked it out better myself. It is so my taste.



This morning I woke up to breakfast in bed. Todd and the girls were so excited to surprise me with a huge healthy meal. I think it may be the first time I have ever been surprised with breakfast in bed. I could get used to it.

Tomorrow is the big day. Todd and the girls are taking me somewhere all day for my birthday and I have no idea where we are going. They are enjoying their little secret. I am so excited to find out what it is. I'm sure we will have fun. I will be sure to bring my camera along so that I can show you some pictures.

After tomorrow my birthday celebrations will be officially over and things will be back to normal. This really has been the best birthday I have ever had. My family really put so much thought into my birthday this year. It feels so good to know how much they love me. My thirtieth birthday has turned out being a lot happier and special then I was expecting. I am definitely a happy girl!



1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday! I just turned 30 on the 22nd and felt a similar dread at the unknown that was 30. I was surprised with a birthday party and friends visiting from out of town. It turned out to be one of my best birthdays ever. I am so glad yours did as well!

~Kelly

Blog Widget by LinkWithin