Monday, April 19, 2010

The Pudget Sisters Weight Loss Contest - Week 2

The Pudget Sisters Weight Loss Contest

Heather and I both had a great week for our contest. I hope we can both do just as well this coming week. Having Heather to compete against is so much fun. It reminds me of when we were younger and competing against each other in Super Mario Brother on the Nintendo. I will admit that Heather always won and I always beat her up for it. Those were the good old days. Heather might not agree with me on that one. :)


Heather, Kristin, Myself and Maddie at Kristin's Baby Shower




I hope you all enjoy reading about how we did this week! Let us know if you have any questions. We would love to hear from all of you. :)


Heather's Answers - Week 2


1. Last weeks weight? 174.4
2. This weeks weight? 171.6
3. Loss for the week? 2.8
4. How do you feel you did this week? I did much better than last week.
5. What was your biggest struggle? Counting points
6. Biggest success? avoiding the snack foods that make me overeat. (Ritz Sweet Home Sour Cream and Onion)
7. Favorite food for the week? Recipe? My favorite food this week was Pringles fat free Sour Cream and Onion. My favorite Recipe was Maple Mustard Pork Chops from my Cooking Light mag....they are amazing!!! To die for!!! My husband went nuts over them!
8. What helped you the most this week? Buying portion controlled snacks, and mostly knowing that I had gained last week. I was afraid that if I didn't start losing again I would have to go back to wearing my bigger clothes.
9. Did you exercise? No
10. Give us an example of what you eat in a normal day. Thomas Everything Bagel Thins with WW cream cheese. I love the 90 cal Fiber One bars. Tuna fish sandwiches with ff Sour Cream and Onion Pringles. And my own shredded chicken bbq (made with homemade bbq sauce) that was leftover from dinner early in the week.
11. What will you do differently this week? Try to start writing down what I eat again. That was always such a big help to me! Exercise would be good too.
12. What will you do the same this week? Plan ahead. I've already been grocery shopping and I have my menu planned. That always helps me to lose weight. I know exactly what I'll be eating for the week.
13. Anything else you would like to share. I need to find some motivation. I've been struggling with it lately. People have been telling me how good I look, and I think that makes me complacent. One woman actually told me yesterday that I didn't need to lose anymore weight. So as nice as it is to get these compliments, it might be easier for me if I didn't get them. It sounds so funny, because part of the reason I wanted to lose weight is because I was afraid people saw me as so fat and ugly, so now that I know they don't I should feel happy. And it does make me happy, but it also makes me lazy with what I put in my mouth. I start thinking, "Well, I look pretty good, so now I don't have to work as hard." I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but this is what I struggle with.


Jessica's Answers - Week 2

1. Last weeks weight? 171.8
2. This weeks weight? 170.4
3. Loss for the week? 1.4 pounds
4. How do you feel you did this week? I did great! I had a few weak moments but mostly I stuck to my plan and ate tons of fruit.
5. What was your biggest struggle? My biggest struggle this week was getting in some exercise. I really didn't want to do it. It didn't help that I had three migraines in on week. I think they are from allergies.
6. Biggest success? My biggest success this week was that I had a very busy week yet I was still able to keep my eating under control. I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full. I can't do much better then that.
7. Favorite food for the week? recipe? This is really bad but I didn't do much cooking this week. It was a busy week getting ready for my sister's baby shower so I did a lot of quick meals. I did have a good omelet with fried onions and 2% cheese and for another meal I made cheeseburgers with 93/7 hamburger (1lb) mixed with 1 packet of ranch dip mix. They tasted kind of like meatloaf hamburgers. It was a nice change.
8. What helped you the most this week? Eating lots of fruit and running again. I forgot how many calories you can burn when you run. If only I could get up the energy to do it every day. :)
9. Did you exercise? I would have liked to have exercised more but with getting ready for my sister's shower I didn't have much time to do it. It did get in two runs and I think one trip to the gym.
10. Give us an example of what you eat in a normal day. Breakfast: Blueberry Luna Bar, Lunch: This week it was whatever I could find in my fridge - fruit and leftovers, Dinner: Omelets and bagel thins or Fat free hot dogs and fat free chips.
11. What will you do differently this week? I need to exercise more. Heather, we need to go to the gym this week. No excuses. ;) I also need to cook some real meals.
12. What will you do the same this week? Eat lots of fruit, drink lots of water and run.
13. Anything else you would like to share. I know I shared this earlier in the week but I really think that the fresh fruit it really helping my weight loss. It is that time of year when the fruit is finally getting cheaper and bigger. Which means that I can start buying it again. I have felt like I was indulging every time I eat cantaloupe and watermelon. Probably because I refused to pay $4.00 for a personal watermelon the size of a small cantaloupe all winter. I love that my fridge is always stocked with fresh fruit again. I have it at least three times a day just because I love it.




1 comment:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I love that fruit is getting cheaper again. Great job to both of you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin