Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Pudget Sisters Weight Loss Contest - Week 1

The Pudget Sisters Weight Loss Contest:










My sister is going to kill me for naming the contest this but I think it is funny. So the official name of the contest is The Pudget Sisters Weight Loss Contest.
Sorry this post is a little late. I meant to post it last Friday but you know how things go. I posted some pictures of Heather and I above. We are the one's standing. My sister Kristin will not be joining us because she is going to have a baby in the next 3-4 weeks. I wanted to post some before pictures and this was the best I could do.



Below you can read all about our first week of the contest.

Heather's Week 1 Answers:

1. Last weeks weight? 172.8
2. This weeks weight? 173.4
3. Loss for the week? +1.4
4. How do you feel you did this week? Disappointed. I really hate gaining....However, I was up 3lbs the day before weigh-in, so it could have been worse.
5. What was your biggest struggle? Eating too much. I haven't been counting WW points, so that really did me in.
6. Biggest success? Not gaining more than 1.4lbs.
7. Favorite food for the week? recipe? My favorite new food is Creamy Orzo Risotto with Butternut Squash. I came across this recipe on the WW website a couple months ago and it's FABULOUS! My favorite food is the Ritz Toasted Chips in Sweet Home Sour Cream and Onion. I love them! A little too much, if I'm being honest. I can probably sit and eat a whole bag by myself, hence the weight gain.
8. What helped you the most this week? I gained, so I'm not sure anything really helped this week.
9. Did you exercise? I hit the gym only one day.... :(
10. Give us an example of what you eat in a normal day. I haven't been eating breakfast (I know, bad). Lunch this week was mostly the Orzo Risotto or leftovers. Dinner is always something healthy. Tuna Noodle Casserole (with 98% ff Cream of Chicken Soup, WW Mexican Cheese, peas, Tuna and No Egg Noodles), my reduced fat version of Chicken Tetrazzini and a Roasted Chicken (I spray the top with Olive Oil Spray before I bake it instead of butter and EVOO to reduce the calories and fat). Snacks are FF Sour Cream Pringles or the Ritz Toasted Chips...and of course the occasional piece of chocolate from my kid's Easter baskets :)
11. What will you do differently this week? Drink more water, choose better snacks, try to get more exercise in although my daughter has a stomach bug so going to the gym might be hard.
12. What will you do the same this week? Ummmm, keep cooking healthy? I really am disappointed with myself for this past week and my weight gain, so there is not much I'm going to do the same for this week.
13. Anything else you would like to share. I am only 3 lbs away from my 10% weight loss goal. 10% of my body weight will be gone!!! that is so exciting! I'm really hoping to reach that goal by this Friday...we'll see. I'm also really nervous about competing with Jessica right now. She's done such a great job this past year, staying motivated and doing what she needed to do to lose almost 50 lbs. That's amazing and intimidating!!!! But she's the reason why I've lost 18lbs since January 6...she really is such an inspiration!



Jessica's Week 1 Answers:

1. Last weeks weight? 173
2. This weeks weight? 171.8
3. Loss for the week? 1.2 pounds
4. How do you feel you did this week? I thought it was great. I got back into exercising and eating better. No more birthday cake!
5. What was your biggest struggle? Not eating chocolate. I really have been craving it lately which makes it much harder to resist the Easter baskets.
6. Biggest success? I was able to run again! I ran for 20 minutes no problem. It made me feel so good to know that I can still do it.
7. Favorite food for the week? recipe? Cheeseburgers (lean hamburger/2% cheese/light bun) and roasted butternut squash.
8. What helped you the most this week? Drinking lots of water and knowing that I am competing with my sister.
9. Did you exercise? Yes. Not as much as I would have like to but better then I have been doing. I ran 2 days, went to the gym once and have been using some other equipment that I am reviewing. It feels good to exercise again. I really notice a difference in the way my body feels when I exercise.
10. Give us an example of what you eat in a normal day. Breakfast: Bagel thin with 2 turkey sausage patties. Lunch: Creamy Orzo Risotto with Butternut Squash
and cantaloupe. Dinner: French toast and turkey sausage or Garlic chicken, baked sweet potato and green beans. Snack: watermelon, fat free chips, grapes, Ritz sour cream and onion chips.
11. What will you do differently this week? Drink more water, exercise more and of course not snack so much.
12. What will you do the same this week? Eat lots of fruit. I love it!
13. Anything else you would like to share. So far this contest has been so much fun. It is great competing with my sister and so much easier to do it with a partner. It makes it a little more exciting. I think that is one of the major keys to losing weight. Keeping it exciting. When you aren't excited about losing weight anymore than you need to change your motivation. Such as bathing suit season, new pants size, a contest or rewarding yourself. It always helps to change things up and keep it exciting.





If you have any suggestions to help us with the upcoming week we would love to hear them!


3 comments:

Tami said...

Hi I just found your blog and I think your little weight loss challenge is awesome. I don't have any sisters for support like that so I think it is pretty cool.

Good luck to both of you!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love the challenge. Good luck to you both.

Susan said...

This is wonderful! I am so happy for you to have close sisters. You guys look like three peas in a pod! I love the pics of you and your sisters. Have a great day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin