Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Out With The Old. In With The New.

Last night I spent the entire evening going through all of my clothes and sorting them. It was an awesome feeling. When I found a few 18-20's hanging in my closet I almost cried. It really hit home last night what I have done. I went from wearing 18-20's from Layne Bryant to wearing size 12's from any store! Seriously, it was just so overwhelming.

I think since I have written about my weight loss on this blog for the last 16 months I see in my head such a slow change. But when I saw the 18-20 clothes, that I remember wearing, it hit me how drastic losing this much weight really is. It really motivated me to keep moving forward. It made me feel as if I can do anything now. I have to say that it was the most fun I have had cleaning in years. :)

The best part of cleaning is that now I have the opportunity to pass my old clothes down to a friends who are also on their own weight loss journey. It is so nice to not have to buy the inbetween sizes. Plus now my closet is clean and I have room for more "smaller" clothes. Now I just need the money to buy them. :)

If any of you have lost weight and still have your old "bigger" clothes I would suggest doing what I did last night. It was an amazing experience and I am so glad I took the plunge and did it.

There is no going back now!


5 comments:

She woke up FAT said...

I did it also and for the first time it was fun to have an empty closet.
I have been buying one new piece of clothing a week to try to build back up my wardrobe but I'm only half way so I don't' want to buy too much

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

good for you. That is awesome.

Tricia said...

I'm working on cleaning out my closet right now. Planning on dropping the clothes off at a local womens shelter.

Tami@nutmegnotebook said...

What a wonderful milestone on your journey.

You are a good friend to pass on your too big clothes.

Some kind of clothes swap would be awesome for women who are losing weight but not to goal yet!

MB said...

Congrats!

I always get rid of my fat clothes the minute they are too big but hold onto the skinny threads even though I haven't been that size in over a decade. I can't wait to have one size clothing in my closet.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin