Friday, April 30, 2010

Low Carb - Day 3

Yesterday was a very long day. I was running on just a few hours sleep and I needed to go shopping for preemie clothes for my nephew. I never realized how hard it is to find little boy preemie clothes when you need them. The selection is pitiful. After hours of shopping this is what I ended up getting him. The outfit and the bear that is almost as big as him. :)


He is too cute for words!


After shopping for 5 hours I decided it was to late to drive another 2 hours to see the baby. So I took my girls to Cold Stone Creamery to split an ice cream. I don't know why I torture myself like that. I love that place way to much.



Surprisingly I was able to walk in buy my girls an ice cream and leave. I'm not sure where the will power came from but I did it. I was really proud of myself. I did have three bites of the girls ice cream but that is way better then getting my own.



For breakfast I enjoyed a bacon and cheese omelet. I ate every bite. I used egg beaters, 3 slices of already cooked bacon, and 1 slice of 2% cheese.






For lunch my Mom, my sister Heather, the kids and I all went to Red Robin. I wasn't sure what I could get but I was determined to get something low carb. I was so happy to find the "Burger In The Raw". It is just a hamburger patty in a lettuce wrap with pickles, onion and tomatoes. It also came with cantaloupe. I asked for some avocado and put a little ketchup on and had no trouble eating every bite! I also ate half of a fried zucchini. It was so good!









By the time I got home for dinner I was starving but didn't really care what I ate. I snacked on some 98% fat free turkey and a 2% individual block of cheese while I heated dinner up. I ended up eating leftover Slammin' Slaw and chicken w/ pineapple salsa (very low carb) on lettuce wraps. I also had leftover Hungry Girl Lucky Four-Leaf Salad with feta and apples. It was an awesome meal!




And that was it for the night. I was so exhausted that I went to bed early. I actually slept better last night then I have in past 4 1/2 years since I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It was wonderful to be so relaxed and not have any pain. I hope I have more night like last night.

Have you tried any new low carb meals? I'd love to hear about them!



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin