Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Can Still Run!!!

I'm so excited! I can still run. Actually I am a little bit shocked. I thought for sure 10 minutes would kill be but honestly 20 minutes was easy. Usually I have trouble with the first 5 minutes but not today. I just plowed through. It felt so good to be running again. Even though most likely I won't be running in the half marathon I had planned I still want to do it for myself. I slightly enjoy it and I am so proud of myself every time I do it. I guess when you have a husband and two kids life happens and it isn't always what we planned it to be and that's ok. I am kind of upset that I won't be running in the half marathon like I had planned but taking care of my body and my husband and children come first.

I do still plan to run a race in the near future but I'm not sure when. I know their is one around me on Thanksgiving. I think it is 9 miles. Maybe I will try for that one. I'm not sure yet. I'm just really glad that I can run again with no pain at all. That and the fact that I didn't lose my ability to run. That is what I was worried about the most. I just have to be very careful and stretch more before and after a run. I really don't want to hurt myself again. To many sleepless nights.


4 comments:

Nicole @ Let Them Eat Lettuce said...

Good for you! I was worried when I took a little break that I would lose my endurance but I didn't! It's great that you conquered that fear and got out there and just did it. Congrats!

Jenn said...

That's awesome, you must be so relieved!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks Nicole! I really was afraid to do it the first time. I'm glad I got it out of the way.

Thanks Jenn! I am relieved. I thought it would take me a few weeks to get me back to 20 minutes.

Beth said...

Congrats! I've been working with a trainer and it's such a butt kicking. Definitely outside my comfort zone but I love it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin