Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Gym

I actually made myself go to the gym today. It was hard to do but having my sister with me made it easier. Once we told each other we were going we couldn't back out. Even though we both wanted to.

I got on the elliptical thinking that this will be nice. Boy was I surprised when I could barely do 10 minutes. Then I realized that it really has been that long since I went to the gym. Wow! But I didn't give up that easily. I pushed myself for a full 40 minutes and burned over 300 calories. It was quite the workout. I was expecting it to be so much easier. It makes me sad to realize that I let myself get to this point but I am determined to get myself back into even better shape then I was before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Today is the middle of the first week of mine and my sister's contest. I really need to give it a name. Any suggestions??? It is going well especially now that we are back at the gym. We will be going again Thursday and I am actually very excited about it. I also have a new piece of exercise equipment that I have been using and will be reviewing either later this week or early next week. I can't wait to share it with you. It is the best home gym equipment I think anyone could ever own. For many reasons. I will explain in my review.

On Friday, Heather and I, will be weighing in for our first week of the contest. It is really cool because we are both starting out at almost the exact weight. It is definitely going to make it more exciting this way.

I am going to come up with a list of exciting questions for both of us to answer each week so that all of you can see what our ups and downs are and how we are dealing with them. I really hope this contest can help all of you as much as it is going to help us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


For lunch today my sister and I made Creamy Orzo Risotto with Butternut Squash
. We made it a little easier and less expensive today. We decided to use the frozen sweet potato patties from Aldi instead of the butternut squash. It saved us so much time and energy because butternut squash is so hard to cut and saved us a little money because the squash would cost about $2.50 but the sweet potatoes cost around $.60. It tasted slightly different but just as good. I am so glad we tried the switch because now I won't be hesitant to make it because of the time and the money. It really is one of my favorite foods if not my favorite low fat foods. You really should try it. I love it with just a little salt on top. Yummy!!!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


What is your favorite piece of at home exercise equipment?


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

contest name suggestion?- the civil war! lol. and about butternut squash. i love it too, but it IS expensive in the winter months. i buy it at farmers markets in the summer for cheap (sometimes like 3 for a $1 in season) and i peel it with a potato peeler (so much easier) and then chunk and freeze it. last year, i grew my own. for a 20 cent pack of seeds i got 5 big squash. and it was fun to watch it grow!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks Tiffany! I love it!
I didn't realize that it is so cheap during the summer. I can't wait for the farmers market. You really need to try this recipe! yOu will love it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin