Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Day Of Surprises!

Today is my day of surprises and I can't wait. It is so hard to not know what is going on and feel like everyone may be lying to me. I feel so confused. :) It is way to tiring to try to keep up with it all. I haven't figured out my surprise yet so I guess I should just give up and wait a few hours.



The only thing that I know is that I have to wear sneakers and we are going to be outside a lot. I'm not really even sure how true that part is. We are leaving in just a few hours after my daughter is done with swim lessons. So only a little while longer until I can relax a little and not feel so anxious about my surprise.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Yesterday was not a good eating day for me. I ate way to much leftover birthday cake. That's what I get for asking for chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. My husband doesn't like it and I love it. So that leaves All of it for me to eat. I get uncontrollable when we have it in the house. At least it is gone now. I may way five pounds more then I did a few days ago but it is gone. Hopefully I can behave better on Easter.



On Easter Day we have breakfast at church and then after the service we will go to my sister's house. We always have such a great time when the whole family is together. My sisters and I are loud, obnoxious and silly but I think everyone is used to that by now. It is so much fun reminiscing about all of the funny things we did when we where growing up. I can't wait!




I am sure we will have tons of food so I am going to have to be careful. We are having ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, mac & cheese, creamed corn, pickled eggs and beats and who knows what else. And for dessert I made a cherry cheese pie and my daughter helped decorate some Easter cupcakes. They turned out adorable! I also got some everything bagel thins for sandwiches at night and some Ritz sour cream and onion chips to snack on. They are so good.







Maddie decorating her Easter cupcakes.




I am so excited to celebrate the day that Jesus was Resurrected from the dead. What an amazing day that was! I am so thankful that God gave us his only son to die on the cross for our sins. I can't even imagine what our lives would be like if this would not have happened. Thank you Lord for your amazing sacrifice.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I hope you all have an amazing Easter Sunday! I would love to hear what your favorite holiday foods are. What strategy will you be using to keep yourself from overeating? I could use some suggestions. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



3 comments:

LauraLynne said...

I quit talking to my family - no brunches! There's some advantages to it! :(
I've been so determined lately that it's giving me strength to eat healthy in hard situations (I'm more of a closet eater...)

Good luck with your surprise today! Can't wait to hear

Susan said...

I have given up until Monday. :( Yesterday and today was not good and tomorrow won't be either. Tomorrow we are having a ham and fixins' then tomorrow night our Pastor and his wife are supplying us with Little Caesar's pizza because we are watching their five children while she goes in the hospital to have their sixth. So I will have 12 children here for a day or so. :) It's back to rabbit food on Monday though.

Mimi said...

I can't wait to hear what your surprise was!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin