Friday, April 16, 2010

And The Number Is...Week 67 Weigh In

I have such exciting news to share with all of you but I can't share it yet and it is killing me. :) I am so excited about it and by next week I should be able to post it. Sorry to get you excited and then not tell you but I can't hold it in much longer so I had to at least share a little.

This week was another great week. It had it ups and downs but I am learning that this is just a part of life. My whole weight loss journey is just learning to deal with the ups and down in my life with out changing my healthy lifestyle. It seems to be getting easier every day.

I weighed in yesterday morning at 170.4. This is a 1.4 loss for the week!!! Almost back down to the 160's. Definitley next week I will do it. I really need to get lower into the 160's because it is killing me going back and forth between the 160's and 170's. I shouldn't complain. I put this dress on today and it was huge. I am going to try to get it altered because I love it so much. I think I am going to take all of my dress pants to get altered also. Why waste the money on new ones when these are still in great shape?




I wanted to share something with you that has really been helping me the past two weeks to lose weight. I noticed that at Walmart the price of fruit is dropping and the size of the fruit is increasing. I decided it is finally time to buy fresh fruit again. I started buying tons of Watermelon (my fav.) and Cataloupe. I eat it several times a day just because I love it. I don't think of it as eating something healthy to fill myself up. My whole perspective on food is finally changing. I finally see the fruit as one of my favorite foods and I want to eat it with every meals. Ussually I eat cantelope with my breakfast and watermellon for snacks and with lunch or dinner or even both. I love it! Anyway, it is really helping to keep me satisfied without breaking the bank.

My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: gym, running and core exercises. Although the running gave me black and blue knees this week. It is gone now so I am going to have to make sure it doesn't happen again or I will have to go to the Doctor.

2. Water: I did great with water. I think allergy season has made my throat a little sore which causes me to drink more. I'm not complaining. I will take all the help I can get. :)

3. Late night eating: nope, that Cold Stone Creamery was definitley during the day. :)

4. Snacking: Mostly on cantaloupe and watermelon with an occasional protien bar.

5. Eating more fruits and veggies: I did great with eating cantaloupe and watermelon and a lot of butternut squash.


What do I need to work on for next week:

I need more gym time. I did good with running but didn't make it to the gym as much as I would have liked to. I am also contimplaiting runing alongside my daughter while she rides her bike. What do you think? Will I be able to keep up with her? Is it safe to do this? She's only 5 so I need to make sure I can stop her from going in the road if I need to.

I am also going to concentrate on less carbs this week. I think it will help to change things up a little. Hey, maybe next week I will try no carbs??? We'll see!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin