Monday, March 29, 2010

My Plan To Lose 10 More Pounds!

My interesting breakfast!






I go to my sisters house for breakfast very often. So a few weeks ago she made me a breakfast that I am hooked on. She fried up some turkey sausage patties (on sale at Weis markets a few weeks ago buy one get one free) and then fried 1 serving of egg beaters and put both on top of a bagel thin. The most important part is that she ate it dipped in sugar free syrup. It sounds a little gross but now I am hooked.

I was feeling very hungry when I woke up today so I decided to make my sisters famous breakfast sandwich. Only I used two turkey sausage patties, and 2 egg whites. It was such a good filling breakfast. It filled me up so fast that I couldn't eat the beautiful strawberries.



----------------------------------------------------------------------



Yesterday I mentioned that I have a plan on how to lose my next 10 pounds. It actually involves my sister. What's better then a little sisterly competition. Anyone that knows my sister and I knows that we are very competitive. :)

If only I had pictures of us racing through the Huge blow up obstacle course bounce house thing a few weeks ago. Now that was fun and quite funny for everyone else watching I'm sure. :) After almost losing my pants I officially won the race. Only after pulling my sister down from the top and throwing her back into the big punching bags (that's when she pulled me by my ankles and almost pulled my pants off). Ah, sisterly love! I can't remember that last time I had that much fun.

Back to the plan.
My sister Heather and I have decided to have a little weight loss competition. We will be starting this Thursday, April 1st. The 1st one of us to lose 10 pounds on or before May 13th will win. If neither of us lose ten pounds by then the one who loses the most will win. You are probably wondering what the prize is. I am pretty excited about this part. Since Heather and I have both recently gotten into a size 12 we thought it would be fitting to go together and pick out a SIZE 10 outfit and a gift card to buy matching sandals in our size. I am so, so excited. The idea that I could wear a size ten just thrills me. I've never worn a size 10 in my life so you can see why this is so exciting.

We are going to split the cost of the outfit and gift card and the 1st person to lose 10 pounds will win the outfit and gift card for sandals. We wanted to do something that wouldn't cost us to much but would also give us a big incentive to win. I think the size 10 is really the best incentive for me. Wow! I'm still in shock that this is my next size down.

We are going shopping sometime this week or next so I will post the pictures as soon as I can. Each week my sister, Heather, and I will be writing a post about our progress and also giving some tips on what is helping and what is not. I really hope that seeing our perspectives on our weight loss journey will help all of you with your weight loss journey.

I can't wait until the end of the contest to post pictures of one of us wearing a size 10 outfit. So exciting!


-------------------------------------------------------------------


What type of incentives do you use to help motivate yourself to lose weight?


--------------------------------------------------------------------


5 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun and motivational way to lose weight! I love that idea. :)

Size 10? Haven't seen that in years! You're doing so great. I'm really happy for you.

Susan said...

WOWSER! I am so thrilled with everything I have read here. Where do I start? You being closer to God, spending time with your girls, organized house, having a close sister, new outfits, ten more pounds to lose, hubby doing better, 169 again, your confidence....love it, love it, love it! We have a lot to praise the Lord about. :)
I have been on a plateau for a few weeks but am hoping for things to be downhill from this day forward.

It's good to see you back. : )

Tatulah said...

That is a great competition (and damn, I wish you did have pictures of that obstacle course! Hilarious!).

The P in PJs til Noon said...

I was reading some of your past posts the other week and read about the bagel thins. Oh my goodness, can I say earth shattering for me!!! I love them and they have helped me develop a good routine, probably 4-5 times a week I'm eating at least 2 a day..one for breakfast w/ the turkey sausage (sometimes egg, sometimes not) and then a turkey or ham bagel for lunch or dinner...YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!!!

biz319 said...

I love your challenge - can't wait to see who wins!

I definitely need to set up some goals for April - one of them "take the stairs!" I actually take an elevator up to my third floor office every day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin