Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 30 Of The Pudget 30 Day Challenge

Congrats to all of the contestants! You did it. You survived the Pudget 30 Day Challenge. :) I am so proud of all of you who stuck with it and finished this challenge. You all worked so hard and I'm sure have some great results to prove it. This challenge was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I couldn't even do the end of the challenge because of my running injury. It is so hard to do the same exercise every day for thirty days.




I honestly didn't think it was going to be as difficult as it was. The exercise wasn't the hard part. The hard part was making myself exercise. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way.




If you participated in the Pudget 30 Day Challenge please email me your final weight and pictures by tomorrow (Wednesday, March 3, 2010) night at 11:59. I will then figure out the points and announce the winners on Monday, March 8th, 2010. I can't wait to find out who will be the winners of all of the great prizes!





I just wanted to say that I am so proud of all of you who participated and I wanted to thank you all for doing the 30 Day Shred with me for 30 Days. It was hard but we survived and we look better because of it. :) Great job everyone!!!






---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Today's Awesome Meals:


For lunch today my sister made me the best meal I think I have ever had. It is called Creamy Orzo Risotto with Butternut Squash. It is a Weight Watchers Recipe and it was amazing. Actually amazing doesn't even cut it. It was more then amazing! I love it. The best part is that she sent all of the leftovers home with me. :) That makes me a happy girl.


It was a very filling 5 P meal. I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow. The butternut squash tasted like a very "sweet" sweet potato. I put salt on mine to bring out the flavor a little more. Yum!

Creamy Orzo Risotto with Butternut Squash
WeightWatchers.com


P's - 5
Servings - 4
Prep. Time - 15 min.
Cooking Time - 25 min.
Level of Difficulty - easy

Ingredients:

1 spray cooking spray
2 cups butternut squash, cut into small cubes
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup uncooked orzo
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup canned chicken broth
1 tsp thyme, fresh, or 8 whole sprigs (sprigs preferred)
2 Tbsp fat-free half and half
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano ( My sister used grated 2% Parmigian cheese)
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F. Coat a small rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, toss squash with oil and salt; spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, leaving space between squash cubes. Roast, stirring halfway through, until squash is tender and lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add orzo. Stir constantly until orzo begins to smell toasty, about 3 minutes. Add water, broth and thyme sprigs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly absorbed, about 15 minutes.

Remove thyme sprigs; stir in half-and-half, cheese and roasted squash. Season well with salt and pepper; serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.

Notes:
A medium-sized, 2 pound squash will yield approximately 3 1/2 cups of diced squash cubes.
Peel the outside of a whole butternut squash with a sturdy vegetable peeler. Trim the ends and cut it in half lengthwise. Use an ice cream scoop or melon baller to easily scoop seeds and membrane from each half.
Precut butternut squash is widely available in supermarkets and is a great shortcut for time-pressed cooks. Be sure to trim down the pieces to small, even-sized cubes or slices before roasting to allow for better browning.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight's Dinner:

Tonight I created a Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I have been thinking about doing it for weeks and finally got up the nerve to try it. The whole family loved it. I was surprised at how good it tasted. It will definitely be a meal I will make again. I served it with tomato soup and sliced peaches. Yummy!












Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwich

2 slices of low calorie wheat bread
1 slice of pineapple in own juice
1 1/2 slices of 2% American Cheese
1-2 oz prepackaged 98% fat free ham
Spray butter

Spray 1 side of each piece of bread with spray butter. Lay one side down on the pan (like you are making a grilled cheese) and top with 1 slice of cheese, 1 slice of pineapple, 1 to 2 ounces of prepackaged ham, 1/2 slice of cheese and then the other slice of bread (butter side up). Grill until both sides are brown and cheese is melted.


2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Jessica. I just found your blog and love it!! I too am following WW and so far have lost 7.2 pounds!! I'm starting to see the difference.

Thanks for the blog and I'll be following ya!! Keep up the great work!!

Barb

Kat said...

Oh my goodness that sandwich looks REALLY good!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin