Monday, March 22, 2010

And The Number Is...Week 62 & 63 Weigh In

It been a rough few weeks. My husband has been having more health problems and that is why I haven't been around for a while. It has just been a little crazy around here. After an interesting ride to the hospital in an ambulance my husband had to stay overnight in the cardiac care unit. It was a stressful few days of testing and appointments. The Doctor's finally put him some new medicines and we are praying that they help and that we won't have any more trips in the ambulance.

As for eating I have been doing fairly well. Don't get me wrong. I had my fair share of stress eating but I have been trying hard to make up for it by eating healthy on the days that I could. Last Thursday when I weighed in I weighed 171.8. Up by .8 of a pound. This past Friday when I weighed myself I weighed 171.2. Which is down .6. So over all not to bad considering the craziness.

I kept myself on track by making egg salad, tuna salad and chicken salad through out the week. They are inexpensive, easy to make and taste Delicious on Bagel Thins (especially the everything one's). It makes for a quick, easy meal along with some grapes, watermelon (thanks Heather) or pears. These 1 P bagel thins are really helping me stay on track. For breakfast I have been eating scrambled egg substitute and a 1 P turkey sausage on a bagel thin. It's a great 3 P breakfast. Sometimes I skip the eggs and put 2 turkey sausages on if I am not in the mood for eggs. I hope I never get sick of the bagel thins because they are so good and such a great price. I found them for $2.50 at walmart this past week.



My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: no gym, the shred or running. If I get rid of this stomach bug I will be going back to the gym tomorrow. It's been way to long.

2. Water: Yes - I did ok with water.

3. Late night eating: Unfortunately the past 4 nights I have gotten up to eat a snack in the middle of the night. I hope it is just stress and it will stop soon.

4. Snacking: Snacking was my problem this week. Luckily I don't have unhealthy snacks in the house so I over snacked but at least it was healthy.

5. Eating more fruits and veggies: I ate lots of fruits and veggies this week.


What do I need to work on for next week:

I need to get back to the gym and try to start running again. After not running for so long it isn't looking good for my 1/2 marathon. I think I am ready to get back to it. I am just afraid that I won't be able to do it anymore.

I'm sorry for not keeping you all updated. So many of you sent me sweet emails and messages. It means so much to me that you care. Thank you for caring and thank you for your prayers. I hope you all had a great couple of weeks.


8 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear about the health issues and scares. SO glad to hear that hubby is ok. Yeah, I can totally see where that would cause some stress eating. But it sounds like you really did great!

((HUGS)) Hope everything is back to normal for you and the family soon.

Marc, Sarah, and Luke said...

I was kind of wondering if everything was O.K. in your home. You hadn't posted in awhile. I do hope that the medication your husband is now on helps. And, if it doesn't -- that they'll be able to figure out what will. Take care of yourself. Thanks for posting, despite all of the stress you're under.

spunkysuzi said...

I hope your husbands health issues are over with! Considering everything you've been through i think you had a great week. Take care of you and your hubby.

Kelly said...

I have an award for you on my blog just as soon as I get it posted.

Stacey K said...

Take care of hubby and yourself. Sounds like you're doing a heck of a job despite all the stress.

Minnesota Mami said...

It is scary & overwhelming when your hubby is in the hospital...we had two hospital stays and a few emergency room runs with my hubby this past year too...but he is in the clear now too...hope that is the case for your husband too!

On another note, I LOVE tuna, egg & chicken salad! We've experimented with recipes here and have fine tuned them the way we love them! I love the sandwich thins too...they totally help me with my bread cravings! Haven't tried the bagel thins though...bet those are wonderful for breakfasts!

Holly @ Making Over Me
http://makingoverme.blogspot.com
@bloggymama

Elizabeth said...

How do you make your chicken salad, do you have a secret to make it healthier?

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and concerns. You are all so sweet and you really helped ease some of my stress. I really appreciate all of you.


Elizabeth - I really don't have a secret to my chicken salad. I just use light mayo from Aldi and just limit the amount I put in. Then I put it on a 1 P bagel thin. It makes for a very low point meal. I ussually just use chicken, light mayo, salt and pepper but if I am in the mood for something different I will add grapes and nuts or try this one with cranberries ( http://pudget1.blogspot.com/2009/12/chicken-salad-with-craisins.html ).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin