It been a rough few weeks. My husband has been having more health problems and that is why I haven't been around for a while. It has just been a little crazy around here. After an interesting ride to the hospital in an ambulance my husband had to stay overnight in the cardiac care unit. It was a stressful few days of testing and appointments. The Doctor's finally put him some new medicines and we are praying that they help and that we won't have any more trips in the ambulance.
As for eating I have been doing fairly well. Don't get me wrong. I had my fair share of stress eating but I have been trying hard to make up for it by eating healthy on the days that I could. Last Thursday when I weighed in I weighed 171.8. Up by .8 of a pound. This past Friday when I weighed myself I weighed 171.2. Which is down .6. So over all not to bad considering the craziness.
I kept myself on track by making egg salad, tuna salad and chicken salad through out the week. They are inexpensive, easy to make and taste Delicious on Bagel Thins (especially the everything one's). It makes for a quick, easy meal along with some grapes, watermelon (thanks Heather) or pears. These 1 P bagel thins are really helping me stay on track. For breakfast I have been eating scrambled egg substitute and a 1 P turkey sausage on a bagel thin. It's a great 3 P breakfast. Sometimes I skip the eggs and put 2 turkey sausages on if I am not in the mood for eggs. I hope I never get sick of the bagel thins because they are so good and such a great price. I found them for $2.50 at walmart this past week.
My Week In Review:
1. Exercise: no gym, the shred or running. If I get rid of this stomach bug I will be going back to the gym tomorrow. It's been way to long.
2. Water: Yes - I did ok with water.
3. Late night eating: Unfortunately the past 4 nights I have gotten up to eat a snack in the middle of the night. I hope it is just stress and it will stop soon.
4. Snacking: Snacking was my problem this week. Luckily I don't have unhealthy snacks in the house so I over snacked but at least it was healthy.
5. Eating more fruits and veggies: I ate lots of fruits and veggies this week.
What do I need to work on for next week:
I need to get back to the gym and try to start running again. After not running for so long it isn't looking good for my 1/2 marathon. I think I am ready to get back to it. I am just afraid that I won't be able to do it anymore.
I'm sorry for not keeping you all updated. So many of you sent me sweet emails and messages. It means so much to me that you care. Thank you for caring and thank you for your prayers. I hope you all had a great couple of weeks.