Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stressful Week = To Much Ice Cream

On Saturday my husband scared me pretty bad. We spent the morning at a Children's Fair and the afternoon at a Children's Museum for a friends Birthday Party. After that we were exhausted but had to go to Walmart to get the girls snow boots to go tobogganing at my in-laws the next day.

On the way home my husband was driving and told me that he felt dizzy and that I was going to have to drive the rest of the way. I thought maybe he was just tired so he pulled over and I started driving. Then he told me that his neck and face hurt and he felt like his throat was closing up and he felt really dizzy. So of course we went right to the Emergency room.

I dropped my husband off at the door and then got the girls in the double stroller and went in. By the time I got in my husband was already taken back which scared me because there were lots of people in the waiting room waiting for their turn. The woman told me that it might take a few minutes to get him situated. So after about 10 minutes I started to really get concerned. Finally after about 20 minutes the nurse came out to get me. She seemed really concerned and asked what happened and how my husband was acting before we came in. I told her everything and she told me that his blood pressure and heart rate were through the roof. Of course by that point I was scared to death.

She said that they did and EKG and his heart looked good but they had to do some blood work and X-rays. It was pretty scary. His blood pressure was 166/105 and his heart rate was 136. Not normal for a 30 year old man. To make a long story short they did the blood work and found that his potassium was very low. They feel that the potassium caused all of the problems. The Doctor said that a potassium that low will just drain your body of energy and make all of your muscles cramp. This is why his heart was affected.

It was a scary couple of days and I am glad they are over. I just thank God that he is Ok and that it wasn't anything more serious. I can't imagine living my life without him. He is the best husband in the world and I love him so much.

The poor guy is still is feeling pretty tired but his heart rate and blood pressure are getting better. Still not good but better then the other night. The Doctor said it will take a few days for the blood pressure medicine and potassium pills to kick in. Hopefully we will get more information when he sees his Doctor at the end of the week. Please keep him in your prayers.


And onto my stress eating. On Sunday night I ate a King Size Hershey bar with almonds for dinner. Don't tell anyone. :) Last night I ate two big bowls of light ice cream after dinner. I don't know what is wrong with me. It was probably a good three cups. I really need to get away from eating unhealthy when I am stressed. When I am stressed I don't want normal food and I don't want healthy food. All I want is junk food. Make it stop!!!!

Today's a new day. No Doctor's appointments today and we are getting back into our routine. I am back to my healthy eating. No more binging on junk food. Hopefully I didn't mess my self up to badly for this weeks weigh in. On Sunday morning I was actually in the 160's but I think it was just from not eating dinner on Saturday night. I was honestly to tired. I just went straight to bed after we got home from the ER. I'm sure the candy bar and ice cream made up for it.

As for my workouts I haven't run or done Jillian Michaels since Friday. I'm not sure if I will do either today either. I am going to the chiropractor this afternoon because I am so much pain. I think I may have injured myself running. My lower back is killing me and it has kept me from sleeping much for about 2 weeks. I finally figured out that it isn't Fibromyagia pain (which is a lot harder to determine then you think.) and that I need to have something done or I may never sleep again. I'm not sure if I injured myself running or not. I started noticing the pain when I run but to me it seems like a odd place to injuring just from running. I am interested to see what the chiropractor says.

The Pudget 30 Day Challenge is going very well. Our contestants are really staying strong. We are on day 23. That means only 7 more days to go. You guys are awesome! I am so impressed by everyone participating. You are all working so hard and I can't wait to see and hear about your results. I love reading all of your emails everyday. It has been so nice getting to know everyone. I'm sorry about not responding to all of the emails the last few days. I will try to catch up. I just wanted to tell you that you are all doing great and you are almost done. Just remember only seven more days until I announce the winner of the following prizes. If these prizes don't keep you motivated then I don't know what will. :) I can't wait!



In-town (or willing to travel):

1st Place - A "Makeover" at All About You Hair Salon By Joy (Bloomsburg, PA). This includes a Cut, Color, Wax and Makeup Application. plus,
A Gift Pack worth over $75 in Tupperware from Nyky Crabb, Tupperware Manager.

2nd Place - A Cut and Makeup Application or Wax at All About You Hair Salon By Joy (Bloomsburg, PA).



Out-of town:

1st Place - A Gift Basket of my favorite weight loss foods and products.

2nd Place - $1.00 in Tupperware E-Gift Certificates for every pound lost during the "Pudget 30 Day Challenge (minimum of $10.00). Given by Nyky Crabb, Tupperware Manager.


9 comments:

Tricia said...

Scary! So glad he's okay!

It's weird because once my dad went to the doctor to do some routine blood tests and a few hours later, the dr was calling saying he needed to go to the ER NOW. Turns out his potassium was really HIGH, which is a sign of an impending heart attack. Who knew potassium levels could be so critical?

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Scary stuff. Glad he is ok. I am a stress eater too. Don't be too hard on yourself and just start back to healthy eating again.

Marc, Sarah, and Luke said...

Whoa -- I hope your husband continues to get better. I can see how that would scare you to death as well as cause a bit of stress in your life.

On to the running again (I hope you don't mind...I haven't been running much over the last couple of years, but my husband truly runs a bunch) -- Anyways, he has had problems with his back as well while running. In fact, for awhile, he routinely saw a chiropractor -- which did help a bunch. So, I hope your's helps as well. But, 2 1/2 years ago, he also started doing Taekwondo. Since then, he's completely avoided the chiropractor...Now, I'm not suggesting you need to take up Taekwondo, but my husband feels it's helped because he's strengthened his inner core (abs, etc). So, could that be it? I don't know -- I'm just throwing out ideas we've come up with in our household. Again, I really hope your husband gets better.

jess214 said...

Oh my word! How scary. I can see how that would lead to stress eating. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to get back to normal.

I hope you are able to get your back issues worked out as well.

Scuttleboose said...

Wow, you are an inspiration for even being concerned about what you're eating during a time like that! I hope that everything settles down for you very soon.

Just don't let emotional eating make you even more blue! I've always found that baking a healthy dessert makes it so much easier *not* to eat the any number of treats that I would love to eat on a bad day... does your husband have a favorite that you could make for him? :)

LauraLynne said...

prayers said for your husband - and a silent cheer for your strength to climb back on the wagon. This is a long journey - not a short sprint. And in the scheme of things, you only tripped a little, you're not out of the race. keep it up - you're inspiring!

LauraLynne

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Oh no! How scary! I am glad he is okay.
I too am a stress eater. I feel your frustration. Hopefully your stress level will be reduced soon!

Weight Watcher Wannabe said...

Im sending good vibes to your hubby and you...

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

You are all so kind. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers and also for the advice on running injuries.

I am feeling better after my adjustment today but my poor husband is unfortunately not feeling better. I had to pick him up from work this morning. We are heading back to the doctors later today. I will keep you updated.

Thanks again!

Jessica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin