Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My New Running Shoes




Look at the new running shoes my husband bought me for Valentine's Day! I think they are so adorable. On Saturday night when we went to the mall I picked these out. They are Woman's Nike Air Max+ 2009. I just love how cute they are. They make my foot look so little.

When I put them on they felt so soft and comfortable that I just couldn't pass them up. I thought for sure that they would help me run an extra 3 miles without any extra effort. It was definitely wishful thinking.

This afternoon I decided to take my new shoes for a test run. I put them on and they felt good but different then the shoes I have been running in. I warmed up and ran for 1/2 mile and decided that I couldn't tell any difference between these shoes and my walmart sneakers. So I put on my Walmart sneakers that seemed much more comfortable until I started running. Then I wasn't sure. So I ran for another half mile then switched back into the Nike's. After doing this a few times I decided that I really do like the Nike's and they do make a difference. I feel like a have more bounce in my step and my feet don't tingle when I run.







The biggest difference was after I ran 4 miles I felt like I could keep going and run even more. I didn't because my baby was crying. She has a little stomach bug. :( Next time I run I think I am going for 5 miles. I can't wait to try it. I also ran at a faster pace then usual just to test them out and I was able to do it the entire run. Another difference is that after I was done running I didn't feel completely drained of energy. I feel normal. Usually after my run I feel drained and like I need a nap. It was quite a difference with my new sneakers. Even though they aren't magic sneakers that make running feel easier I am still happy with them. I think they cause less stress on my body which will allow me to run further with less pain.


The real question is "Are they worth what they cost?" I'm not sure yet. I will let you know in a few weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How much money are you willing to spend on a good pair of running shoes?
--------------------------------------------------

Half Marathon Training Update: (not including warm-up and cool-down)
4 Miles - My furthest yet!
49 minutes
640 calories


10 comments:

biz319 said...

Such cute running shoes Jessica!! That is one area I don't skimp on - but to tell you the truth, my feet are small so I buy the boys shoes - I end up spending $40 on an almost identical women's version that cost $80!

Woot for the great run!

Malley Cat said...

I think the most I paid for some running shoes was $110. Ironically enough, my car was broken into a week later, my gym bag was stolen, and there went my investment. And my ipod. Bummer, right? But my latest shoe gameplan is to ask for new shoes for holidays. Glad you got new kicks and they are adorable. Good job on the run too!

Syl said...

cute shoes but I have to say you look FANTASTIC! WTG girl!

unathleticrunner said...

Yep, I agree. They look like they will help you run faster! Hey,even if they don't you'll look great in them! :) I usually pay over 100 for a good pair of running shoes but they will last me about 400 miles which usually equals about 2 pairs a year...so it really equals out.

Carla said...

Cute shoes. I'm sure your feet are thanking you. I'm usually an off the rack kind of girl, since I'm not a runner. But occasionally I splurge on a really good pair. I went to Roadrunner's in Columbus, OH. Cool store. They measure your pressure points, then video you running on the treadmill to tell you what the best shoes are for you. I just bought a pair of Mizuno's and I LOVE them. They were $103, but I got them on sale for $89! Score! They make a huge difference in how my knees feel after a busy night at work (nursing).

(The) Ladybug Lounge formerly Msslaydbug said...

Those are some good looking shoes. I need to go invest in a good pair of shoes for my workouts. WTG on the 4 miles !!

Anonymous said...

I have been debating on new shoes as well b/c I have just started running. Keep us updated. How fast do you run on the treadmill? What are your warm up and running speeds? Just curious b/c I've just started running on treadmill and trying to figure it out.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks everyone! I do love the shoes so far.

Carla - That place sounds so cool!

Anonymous - I had been running at 4.5 mph but yesterday I ran most of the time at 5mph. I was toldby a friend to start out slow and after you get better at running you can always up your speed. I ussually warm up for 5 minutes and cool down for 5 minutes. Both are 2mph for 2.5 min. and then 3mph for 2.5 min. It seems to be working for me so far. Good luck with running. Let me know how you do.

Kim L. said...

Have you purchased the plus piece to go into those shoes that connects to your ipod? It's about 29$ and tracks your mph, miles run/walked etc. It's awesome and there is a whole nike plus online community too.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Kim,

I heard of it but I don't have it. Actually I don't even have an ipod. I hope to get both soon. I think it would be so cool to track my miles when I am outside running. I am definitely going to look into it because for some reason I thought it was $100.00. $29 sounds much better. Thanks for letting me know.

Jessica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin