Thursday, February 11, 2010

And The Number Is....Week 58 Weigh In

It has been another exciting week for me. The Pudget 30 Day Challenge is really kicking my butt in a good way! I am actually loving doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred every day. It is so challenging but I feel so accomplished when I am done. The only part that I am really finding hard is doing it on the days that I run. It seems like a little to much. All of that exercise sucks all of my energy out of me for the day. I am hoping my body adjusts because I really don't want to give up either during this Challenge. Only 19 more days to go in the 30 Day Challenge!

My 1/2 Marathon training has been going well. Not what I expected but still good. I expected it to be a lot easier. I thought that each week I could add and extra mile and I would be fine. What was I thinking? Can you tell that I have never been a runner and really don't have a clue on how to do it but I'm learning. :) Yesterday I had my best run. 3.5 miles and 600 calories burnt. It was great. I can't wait until I can run 4miles at a time. Actually I can't wait until this snow is gone and I can run outside. I think I am going to like it much more then this awful treadmill. I have been running every other day and it seems to be working well for me. I haven't hurt myself yet and I don't feel sore so that is a good sign. I think I will continue this schedule and keep pushing through to add more mileage. Even if it is only a 1/4 or 1/2 mile more a week.

And the moment you have been waiting for. The exercise is definitely helping with my weight loss. When I stepped on the scale this morning I was thrilled to see 172.4! Yep! That's 172.4! I have lost 44.2 pounds. Wow! I am so close to the 160's I can taste it. I really can't stop thinking about how close I am. I am so excited. Maybe in another two weeks if I work really hard I will be in the 160's. That would be so cool!

Another exciting non-weight related victory that should be coming up is a change in my clothes size. I think in another few pounds I should be able to fit into a size 12. That sounds crazy but I know it has to happen soon. It seems like I have been in a 14 forever. So I will be thrilled to go shopping for some new size 12 jeans. It will be so exciting. I will definitely take pictures and maybe make an all day event out of it! I know making and all day event out of it is sad but I really am going to be thrilled to be able to wear a size 12. It will be such a good feeling.




My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: no gym - sick baby, 1/2 marathon training every other day, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

2. Water: Yes -All of this exercise makes me very thirsty.

3. Late night eating: No

4. Snacking: Chocolate Teddy Grahams have been my favorite snack this week. In moderation.

5. Eating more fruits and veggies: lots of veggies. Still need to work on the fruits.


What do I need to work on for next week:

I would like to continue with the 3.5 mile runs every other day and try to work up to 3.75-4 miles by the end of next week. I will also be making myself do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred every day as part of the Pudget 30 Day Challenge.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you do this week? What did you find to be your biggest struggle?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-


9 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats on the great weigh in!!! You'll be at goal so soon! I'm happy for you.

And size 12?! Really?! WOWSER! You'll be there before you know it. Heck, a size 14 sounds nice! LOL

Good job on sticking with the Shred. I found out that doind C25K AND the Shred on the same day was just too much for this body. It was leaving me exhausted and not in a good way.

Keep it up! Great work.

rachael said...

Good job! It's very inspiring to read about your success. I'm back from my grandparents with the kids now and will be shredding again. I couldn't pry myself out of bed this morning, but will do it while my boys are napping this afternoon. Like I said, I might not win, but I'm going to pick up where I left off. Can't wait to see your new jeans! :)

Kerri & Katie said...

Congrats on your weigh-in! My co-author and I are training for a half marathon too! I promise. It will get easier-just don't give up!

TLEstrogen said...

Great results Jessica! I just started the Shred too but I'm doing it 3x a week instead of everyday for now. I spend a lot of time on an elliptical so I'm using it to change things up and get some strength training in there. I'm going to start running soon too! WTG!

PS If you aren't a big fruit fan try making green smoothies. They aren't the best looking things in the world, but they certainly work. Google it you'll find lots of examples! I make them to get my green veggies in.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great job Jessica. You inspire me. A size 12 is my goal.

Carla said...

Congrats on your loss! You are really close. I know how it feels to hang out in the same range for E V E R! It's going to feel so good to get down another notch.

Denise said...

What an inspiring post - thanks for sharing!

For me, I've had two weeks of consecutive losses but an early sneak peek at the scale shows nothing...no loss, no gain...with only 3 days to go until weigh in. My challenge will be to stick with what's been working and have faith that it will be successful in the long-term even if not on Sunday morning. Also, tomorrow I will be eating at a restaurant for the first time since starting my diet and exercise program, so I'm pretty terrified. I've done some pre-work to determine what I can eat (not much) and I'll eat before going so that I'm not hungry, but I'm still really nervous.

biz319 said...

Jessica - you are doing great! I haven't stopped by in a while - the 160's will be here before you know it! :D

I am 161 and I wear a size 12, but I am short - only 5.2" If only I were 6 feet tall I'd be at goal weight! :D

Keep up the great work!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for all of the support! You guys made my day!

biz319 - That is great that you are in a 12. I'm 5 6" so I really think it has to be soon. I hope.

Denise - It sounds like you are doing all of the right things. Sometimes it just takes a while to show up. Don't give up it will show on the scale soon. And you are going to do great at the restaurant. It sounds like you have it all planned. When you want something you know you shouldn't have just think about how hard you have been working and that you don't want to ruin all of that work over a little food. Have a good time!

TLEstrogen - Great job doing the shred 3 days a week. I did try the green smoothies before and my gag reflex just can't handle them. It wasn't the taste it was the texture and color. I really wish I could enjoy them. Thanks for the advice.

Kerri & Katie - Thanks for the encouragement. I just checked out your blog and I love the running schedule you have set up. I think I am going to set one up for myself.

rachael - I am so glad you are back into the Shred with us.

Kelly - You are right it is really hard and drains all of my energy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin