Tuesday, February 9, 2010

9 Days Down - 21 Day To Go!

I just completed day 9 of the 30 Day Challenge. I must say I am really starting to enjoy the crunches. Today's workout of the 30 Day Shred went by so fast. I was really excited when Jillian Michaels said only one more minute of abs left. It is always so wonderful when a workout doesn't drag on.

You are all doing so great with this challenge! I can't believe how many of you are sticking to it even with the stresses of life (sick, sick kids, travel). I am just so impressed. Do you know what even impresses me more. Those of you who couldn't do The Shred for a day or two but jumped right back into it when you were able to. Good for you! It is so much easier just to give up when you don't do what you planned to do. But many of you decided that you don't care if you win the contest because you are doing this for you. That makes me so happy. :)

This challenge is really going to change us in so many ways. I can't wait to see the physical results but I also can't wait to hear how this challenge has changed your way of thinking about yourself and exercise. I think we are all going to realize that we are worth it because we really are!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for running this! I was all set to join, but then had a niggling feeling and turns out I was right - preggers! So no Jillian for me for what, 10 months at least? LOL

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Congrats on being pregnant! Maybe we will have some kind of new challenge in another 10 months. :)

spunkysuzi said...

You are doing great!!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks spunkysuzi! It is so nice of you to always encourage me. It really means a lot and helps to keep me motivated each day. I just wanted to let you know you are greatly appreciated. :)

Kelly said...

Yeah day 9!!! Congrats to all of those sticking with it.

I've decided to do Shred on the days that I don't do C25K program. Doing both is a bit too hard on my body. :)

tammyyarbrough said...

Every SINGLE muscle in my ENTIRE body aches- but in an "I kick butt" kind of way! I love to hear Jillian say "If a 400 pound person can do jumping jacks, so can you" even when my body is SCREAMING NOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't wait for those abs!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I have missed several days because of being sick, but some days I managed to do it despite that. I THINK I am finally starting to feel better...hoping to get back to it tomorrow. It helps reading here and feels good to be working towards this goal.

Jess

Maureen said...

I like Jillian Michaels' DVDs. She always seems to know when I'm about ready to slack or give up. I also feel that she just KNOWS when I want to eat badly, because I'll get a thought like, "a donut would be cool," and BOOM, one of her commercials comes on the tv.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Kelly, I am so glad you are doing the Shred on the days you aren't running. It's a good workout and you are right it is so hard to run and do the shred on the same day.

Tammyyarbrough, That is so funny. I really try to tune her out because I know when she is talking that she has to finish her "slow" sentice before we are done with that exercise and it really irritates me. :) Can you tell I am a grouchy exerciser? ;) You are doing great!

Jess, You are doing great. I hope you can get back into real soon and I hope you are feeling better. It is so hard to exercise when you are sick so I definitely give you credit for doing it some of those days. Just think of the changes we are going to see in our bodies in the next 19 days.

Maureen, You are so right. I feel the same way. Sounds like the commercials are helping. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin