Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3.5 Miles!!!! And A Great Recipe

That's right! I just ran 3.5 miles and burnt 600 calories. The calories include the warm-up and cool-down. I am so excited! It felt great to actually be able to run that much. I thought I would never get past the 3 mile mark. Finally. I also went outside and shoveled tons of snow for about 1/2 hour. What a good workout that was. I'm not sure where I got all of my energy today. My day actually started off pretty slow and tired but I made myself get on that treadmill and now I feel so much better and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be today.

Some other good news. I made the best dinner ever. I'm not sure if it was because I was seriously starving or if it was really that good. My husband and daughter both said it was delicious so I guess I am going with it really was that good. I had chicken out to make tonight but I wasn't sure how I was going to make it or make with it. By the time I was done running I really didn't care. I just wanted to eat. So I looked through the cupboard and found Italian Salad Dressing mix with a little recipe for Parmesan Garlic Chicken. It called for four ingredients including the chicken so I had to go for it. It turns out that it is the best chicken I have ever had and so, so easy. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I served it with canned corn and candied sweet potatoes made with canned sweet potatoes drained, Brummel and Brown butter and Splenda. Everything was delicious.

Parmesan Garlic Chicken

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - I am going to try using less next time (maybe 1/3 cup).
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 packet of Italian Salad Dressing Mix
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients except chicken in a bowl. Dip Chicken in water and then in cheese mixture. Place Chicken in a sprayed baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. Then uncover and broil for a few minutes until it looks a little browned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it is time for day 10 of The Pudget 30 Day Challenge. Jillian Michaels, here I come!!!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Don't forget to sign up for The Healthy Pantry Giveaway.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


6 comments:

jess214 said...

GREAT JOB!!!

That recipe sounds amazing. I may have to give that one a try.

Bowmanh23 said...

Thanks for that recipe! I am so making that this week!

Carla said...

You go girl! I have always said "I am not a runner", but maybe someday.....

Your chicken sounds yummy.

Fanchy said...

You go girl!!! Way to go on the running. Sometimes it's one foot in front of the other, but you did it!!!!!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks everyone! I was so hard but I am very glad that I pushed myself that extra 1/2 mile yesterday. I guess that is the only way I am going to increase my milage because it really doesn't seem to get easier like I thought it would. :)

p.s. You really do need to give the chicken a try. I wish I would have taken a picture. It was amazing.

Anonymous said...

Ah, This is exactly what I was looking for! Dispells
some contradictions I've heard

Blog Widget by LinkWithin