Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nothing Beats Homemade Pizza




When I was little my favorite thing to eat was my Mimi's (Grandmother's) homemade pizza. I'm not sure if it was the taste of the pizza that I liked so much or just making it with her. It was always so much fun.



Last night I actually made homemade whole wheat pizza dough in my bread maker. My parents are awesome and got me a bread maker for Christmas. I am loving it! Anyway, back to the pizza. I decided just to switch the plain flour for Whole Wheat flour and hope for the best. When it was done rising I was shocked that it turned out perfect. This is a picture of the dough after I rolled it out with my little pampered chef pastry roller. It was so easy. Much easier to roll out then those little mix packets you get at the store.






Then I put pizza sauce on 2/3's of it and on the other third I put on Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce and some grilled chicken. Of course the spicy part was for me. Let 's just say I can't wait for lunch today. I hope it tastes as good today as it did last night.








I was very pleased with the taste and texture of the whole wheat crust and I will definitely make it again. It is so much cheaper to make pizza at home then to order out.



Here is a picture of the finished product.



2 comments:

unathleticrunner said...

Good idea making 2 different pizza's with one things of dough!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I love spicy pizza. I think I need to make some for tonight.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin