Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No Motivation And No Appetite

This post is kind of funny because on Saturday I felt like I was so motivated. Like I could take on the world. Unfortunately on Sunday I completely went off of my old medicine (Lyrica) for my Firbromyalgia and started my new medicine (Cymbalta). The only reason I am saying unfortunately is because it made me so ill. I was vomiting all day Sunday and had the worst pain in my body and migraine I have ever had in my life. On Monday I woke up feeling slightly better and on Tuesday I got a new prescription (half the dose I took on Sunday) to take for the next two weeks to get my body used to it.

I am excited that the Cymbalta may help me feel better but right now I just have no energy and I feel so nauseous that I don't want to eat anything. I did go to the gym yesterday but only because my sister pushed me to go. My workout wasn't as good as usual because I felt such a lack of motivation. I hate this feeling and I hope I get some energy back really soon. The pain I can usually handle but the fatigue drives me nuts. It makes me miserable when I don't feel like I can do the things that I want to do.

Right now I really want to run on my treadmill but I just don't have the energy and I know that I would get sick if I tried. So for the next few days I will be taking a half marathon training break until my new medicine stops making me sick. I am still going to go to the gym but I just can't make myself run for 30+ minutes when I feel like this.

Please pray that my body adjusts to my new meds quickly. :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...it will get better...i promise!
~Tiffany

TLEstrogen said...

Hang in their Jessica!

Susan said...

You know I will!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hope you adjust quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...This support group that you created here will get you through this.
I am excited about the water bottle. Can't wait to get it.
JEN

Shannon said...

Hi Jessica

I hope you are doing better. Keep me posted on the Cymbalta...I am going to tak to my Rhumatologist and see what she thinks. I will be thinking of you and hoping you are doing better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin