Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Fun Snack: Chewy S'more's Snack Mix

I decided to try a new recipe in Hungry Girl's 200 Under 200 Cookbook. Today I made a quadruple batch of Hungry Girl's Chewy S'more's Snack Mix. Look at how wonderful looking it turned out.



It was so quick and easy to make and it only cost me a few dollars (using store brand products. The bowl above has 24 (3/4 cup)servings. I figured out that it cost me less then $5.00 for all of it and by storing it in Tupperware it should last me quite a while. I am actually planning on taking some of it to a family Christmas party on Sunday. It will be nice to have a healthy fun snack while I am there.




It really is a fun snack. Who can resist Cocoa Puffs, Golden Grahams, marshmallows, kettle corn and tootsie rolls. Especially when you get 3/4 cup of this mix for 2 P's.

Chewy S'more's Snack Mix:
"Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Cookbook" by Lisa Lillien

Ingredients:
2 cups popped 94 percent fat-free kettle corn microwave popcorn
1 cup Golden Grahams cereal
3/4 cup Cocoa Puffs cereal (original)
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
10 Tootsie Roll Midgees

Directions:
Chop Tootsie Roll Midgees into very small pieces

In a sealable plastic bag or an airtight container with a lid, combine Tootsie Roll Pieces with all of the other Ingredients. Secure bag or container and shake thoroughly.

Makes 6 Servings


2 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds yummy. I need that book.

Foodie Girl said...

Jessica,

That looks sooo good! Happy New Year! May you have the best year yet!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin