Saturday, January 16, 2010

Motivation

I love motivation. That is when I have it. :) I slept really well last night and I think that really helps to keep me motivated. I am not in pain and I can think clear today. It is great.

Last night I had a migraine so I took prescription migraine medicine and it made almost all the pain in my body go away and I was able to sleep. It felt so good. The pain is slowly coming back this morning but no where near as bad as it had been the past week.

I just feel so motivated today. I was just thinking about how in just a few short weeks I will be able to ride my bike outside, go on walks with my family, go to the beach and so many other things that we enjoy doing in the spring and summer.

It's going to be a great year! I am going to be able to run a 1/2 marathon. I am going to feel good about the way I look in a bathing suit and the most exciting part is that I am going to be happy with myself no matter what size I am. I have accomplished so much since I started this journey a little over a year ago and it just makes me so happy.

I am motivated because of what I have done this last year and also the great things to come. Just thinking about going from a 216 pound person to running a half marathon really keeps me motivated because I know what an accomplishment this will be and I will remember the struggle I went through to get that far. It is just so exciting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we all need some motivation to help us on our weight loss journey. What keeps you motivated to lose weight and become healthier?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


4 comments:

Joe and Brittany said...

Thanks! You just gave me a little extra motivation! I love the pics of your progress in your side column! You've come a long way, and you look great! Your accomplishments always motivate me when I come to your blog! :0)

Beth said...

I got this watch for Christmas that has a band that monitors my heart rate as I'm exercising. When I am done with that session it tells me how many calories I burned. It is very motivating to see numbers at the end of the week like 2900. If I don't eat them they will be weight off at the scale!

Mama Bear June said...

You are awesome and have made such great changes! Hope your head feels better. Migraines stink!

My motivation comes from photos of before and after!

Margo said...

I do get really motivated by reading blogs like this one. We all struggle with the same issues and it's so helpful to get someone else's point of view.

I know you're going to make that 1/2 marathon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin