Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Back On 2009

This is a picture of me last Christmas.
October 2009.

Wow! I can't believe that I have changed that much since this time last year. It almost seems crazy. No wonder I feel like a different person. I really look like a different person. I knew that I looked like I lost weight but I didn't realized that it was so drastic. I am so glad I found these pictures.

My husband just quickly glanced over my shoulder and said "Who is that?". Then he realized that it was me. Too funny!


Below are some more pictures. The first one is from the first day I started this blog. Almost exactly a year ago. These pictures really are amazing me. I have decided that I definitely like the new me better. :)

When I look at these pictures it brings back so many memories of this past year. The struggles but mostly the way I felt every time I past a milestone. Not just with my weight but with my health, exercise, the confidence I felt being in a wedding and deciding to get a drastic hair cut.

This year has been full of so many ups and downs with my weight loss. You can see that just by looking to your left at my weekly weight loss chart. It hasn't been an easy, quick weight loss for me. It has been a gain here and a loss there but in the end it all added up to a very nice loss and a drastic change in my body and my mind.

It was so awesome last night to end the 1st year of my new lifestyle knowing that I succeeded. It didn't all happen the way I wanted it to and it certainly didn't happen as fast as I would have liked but I lost a lot of weight and I am determined to lose more and keep it off. I can't say that this time last year I wasn't dreaming about weighing 80-100 pounds less then my starting weight. I really thought that was a reasonable amount to lose in a year if I really tried. Now I look at it and think that I was being ridiculous thinking that. That is way to much weight to lose in a year. I would never have been able to keep it off. I'm not saying that it isn't possible for someone else but for me it would not have been a good thing.

I can't say that I am not a little bit disappointed in myself in regards to my weight loss this past year because I am. I wish I would have lost another 10-15 pounds then I did. I know that if I would have really tried I could have done it. But I didn't try hard enough the past few months and I didn't lose the weight.

Mostly I am happy and so proud of myself. When I look at the pictures of myself above I feel so happy. I remember how awful I felt (physically and emotionally) last year at this time. I just wanted to crawl in a hole and not let anyone see me. I didn't like the way I looked or felt. I never, ever want to go back to feeling like that.








I have decided that I really like the new me! The new body, the new hair and especially the new frame of mind. I feel good!

I haven't yet set my new goals for 2010 but I am in the process of working on them. I want to set reasonable goals that I will be able to do. I plan on thinking about it a little more tonight and I will let you all know what they are and how I plan to accomplish them tomorrow.

For now I am going to enjoy my little weight loss high and have a wonderful night with my husband and my girls.

Goodnight!



4 comments:

Foodie Girl said...

You look fantastic! Great job!

TheCrazyCrabb said...

You do look great! You give me inspiration to lose this year. I like how honest you are with your posts...check out the sisterhood of the shrinking pants! I found it through one of my followers tonight! LOVE IT!

Kim L. said...

Jessica,

I found your blog by accident in late October, early November. I have been reading religiously even going back to the beginning. You have made tremendous progress this past year and have motivated me to set out with a plan for 2010. Please celebrate your accomplishment it is amazing and inspirational.

Keep up the good work!

Kim Lucas

Laura Jane said...

Oh wow! You look great and you can really tell a difference! And you have such a wonderful attitude. And over 30 pounds of weight loss in one year is a great accomplishment - sticking with it for a year is something few people do. Even though I don't always comment, I've been reading your blog for several months (although I took a break from blog reading for the past couple months), and you have been a great encouragement to me. You have such a wonderful attitude.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin