Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Back And Better Then Ever!

In regards to running that is! I had to share my excitement with all of you today. My husband and a friend of ours picked up my treadmill from my parents house on Saturday and it is now sitting in my dining room. You read it right. It is in my dining room and yes it is a little tacky but I am still really excited.

We bought a treadmill about 6 years ago before we had children. It is a really nice one and I was very disappointed when we had to get it out of the house because we no longer had the room for it. My parents kept it at their house for the last 4 years and used it here and there but really didn't want it any more. On Saturday I woke up and made the decision to bring it back to our house and put it smack dab in the middle of our dining room. It really is the only place I can put it so that I can exercise and still keep an eye on my kids. We have a baby gate separating the living room and dining room but other then that it is pretty open.

I am so happy to be able to use my treadmill again. This morning I hopped on it in hopes to start the Couch to 5 K program all over again from the beginning. I was really disappointed to find my MP3 batteries dead. So I decided to just time it. 60 sec run/90 sec brisk walk for 20 minutes. I grabbed my Tupperware water bottle (which doesn't ever leave my side. I love it!) and hopped on. I ran and ran and ran for 12 minutes straight. That may not sound like a lot to some of you but that is longer then I have ever ran in my life. It felt so great! After my 12 minute run I walked briskly for two minutes and then ran for another 6 minutes, then a 90 second brisk walk and another 6 minute run and of course my cool down.

How awesome is that? I am just so proud of myself today that I have been on an exercise high. Does anyone else experience an exercise high when they are done? It is such a great feeling.

I can't wait to get back on that treadmill again and run more then 12 minutes straight of course. It is my new challenge to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure to check back later today. I have an exciting post coming with some really exciting news. You won't want to miss it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


5 comments:

Susan said...

YAY Jessica! Yes, I know what you're saying. I just walked/run the longest and farthest ever for me. I just sort of walk a while at 3mph for a while and then "run" between 4.5-5.5mph for as long as I can stand it...usually just a minute. Your running for 12 minutes is amazing! Go girl! I walked for 65minutes today, 3.52 miles and burned 436 calories. I burned my whole lunch and some breakfast! Yee haw! Keep going! Still praying for you too.

Susan

TheCrazyCrabb said...

woo hoo! good for you. I can't wait until I could run that far. I have never been good at running because of how self conscious I am. So excited to see what is coming up for Pudget1 in 2010!

Tamzin said...

great job. My morning runs are just about starting to be enjoyable!!!

less of me said...

That is fantastic! I am just starting to run. I have always hated it. I am signed up to do a 5K with the family on Feb. 27th. Hopefully, I can do it!
12 minutes is so great!! You are right to be proud of yourself.
Love your blog - you are quite the inspiration.
Thanks!

TheCrazyCrabb said...

Hey Jess! I just saw a blog called baby tea leaves and it has a "newbie triathlon" worksheet that you may like. Good luck.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin