Sunday, January 3, 2010

Breakfast Recipe Review: Hula Scramble


I know I have told you all before but I am just not a breakfast person. Maybe I should rephase this. I am not a healthy eating breakfast person. :) I love breakfast but I want pizza, cupcakes, donuts and anything else unhealthy.

Eating a healthy breakfast has been one of my biggest struggles along this journey. You can ruin your whole day by eating an unhealthy breakfast if you are not careful. I am still struggling with it and trying hard to make it work. I have shared this before but I am willing to spend more money on my breakfast foods just because it is so hard for me to find something that I want to eat.

This recipe is from the Hungry Girl "200 under 200" cookbook. It looked good in the book so I decided to try it. It is really, really good. I am not much of an egg person but I really found it interesting. The pineapple and ham really made the dish. I am actually going to make it for myself for breakfast again today as soon as I am done posting. I can't wait!

I hope you all enjoy this recipes!

Hula Scramble
Hungry Girl 200 under 200 by Lisa Lillien

Ingredients:
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1 ounces (about 4 slices) thinly sliced extra-lean ham, chopped
1 canned pineapple ring packed in juice, chopped
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, cut into pieces.

Directions:
Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add ham and pineapple. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add egg substitute and scramble with the ham and pineapple. Once scramble is a little more then halfway cooked, add cheese pieces. Continue to scramble until cheese has melted and egg substitute is fully cooked. Eat up!

Makes 1 serving. 4 P's


7 comments:

TheCrazyCrabb said...

That recipe looks great! did you use deli sliced ham...or did you get a ham and cut it up to use?

Melissa said...

Looks yummy! Can;t wait to try it. I'm always looking for breakfast recipes. Thanks!

Foodie Girl said...

It looks good! I may have to try that with turkey sausage and apples. Yumm!

unathleticrunner said...

yum! I just bought egg subsitute to try to make myself eat a protein packed breakfast---p90x diet makes you eat 5 servings of protein a day!!! I can't get them all in!!! Thank you!!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sounds awesome. Could you post how many calories are in it? Thanks.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

The crazy crabb - I used deli ham from Aldi.

Foodie Girl - I think turkey sausage and apples would be awesome!

Secret Mom Thoughts - I just checked the book and it says 186 calories and 3.5 grams of fat.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Thanks so much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin