Saturday, January 9, 2010

Better Than McDonald's!



My dinner last night was so good that I had to share it with you. Share the recipe that is. :) I made Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, baked garlic french fries and fried cabbage. It was the best meal I have had in weeks. I'm not being dramatic. It was really that good. Way better then McDonald's Chicken Sandwiches.

I pounded out the chicken and put salt, pepper and seasoned salt on each side. Then grilled it with cooking spray and then after it was mostly done I poured some 98% fat free chicken broth in and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then I put it on a whole wheat Arnold's Sandwich thin (oh so good!) with pickle slices, 2% cheese, lettuce and a little light mayo. It was awesome! I want to make it again for lunch today. :)

I decided to serve it with baked garlic fries since my family enjoyed them so much last time. I just cut potatoes dip them in egg, put in pan and then sprinkle with garlic powder, onion salt and a little pepper. I also had a head of cabbage in the fridge so I made Haluski without the noodles. Pretty much cabbage fried with PAM, 4 TBSP's of Brummel and Brown Butter (Hungry Girl's Pick), salt and pepper. I loved fried cabbage and it is so good for you. I figured that in the portion I ate I had maybe 1/2 -2/3 TBSP or Brummel and Brown Butter (45 calories, 5 grams of fat in 1 TBSP).



What a healthy meal and so enjoyable. My husband loves that I cook healthy for our family and he really enjoys when I change it up and make something different. It makes it more fun to cook if you know that everyone with like it. It is great that my family is eating healthy and still enjoying it as much if not more then the fattening foods I used to cook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to enter my awesome Giveaway. Click here to enter.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is a picture of a soda topper my Mom and Dad got me for Christmas. I thought that there was no way it was going to work but I was shocked last night when it did. I love it. It is like drinking right out of a bottle of soda and the best part is that you can close it up and put it in the fridge instead of feeling bad about throwing it away and wasting it.



Yesterday's Marathon Training:

Rest - I laid around until 2:30pm in my PJ's because I was so tired. I finally got a shower and decided to try to exercise but just couldn't do it. So I decided that my body was telling me you exercised hard the last four days so now it is time for a break. So that is what I did. I took a break and it felt good. I am definitely energized and ready to go this morning.


3 comments:

Bowmanh23 said...

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Bowmanh23 said...

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

less of me said...

Do you shred the cabbage before "frying" it? It sounds great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin