Friday, January 15, 2010

And The Number Is.....Week 54 Weigh In

What a week! This week was probably one of the worst weeks that I have had in a very long time. For starters my family got a mild case of the flu. Then combine that with that time of the month and weaning myself off of my Lyrica. It just wasn't a fun week at my house. I feel bad for my husband and kids. I was absolutely miserable this week. I finally got good sleep last night for the first time in about a week and I feel so refreshed. I am just so glad that this week is over. I am ready to move on and actually enjoy this next week.

When I stepped on the scale this morning I was shocked. It said 182. That's a 2.2 gain. :( I can't imagine that this is right. I didn't eat perfect but I did think that I did pretty well. I really thought I would have stayed the same or maybe lost a little. Boy was I shocked. I hope it is just from being that time of the month. I guess I really need to work my butt off to get that extra weight off.


My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: I exercised more then I had been but not as much as I would have like to because of my family getting the flu.

2. Water: Yes. I have made it a point again to drink lots of water.

3. Late night eating: Yes. It is that time of month and when you add that to lack of sleep it adds up to me consuming lots of chocolate that I didn't' need to eat.

4. Snacking: I finished off the Hungry Girl S'mores Mix that I made last week. That stuff really is a life saver.

5. Eating more fruits and veggies: Definitely ate lots of veggies but not any fruit. Watermelons are to expensive right now. :(


What do I need to work on for next week:

I need to run at least 4 days this week and get myself up to running 4 miles at a time. That is actually my goal for tomorrow's run. I think I may do it outside if it is nice. :) I also plan to go to the gym two days next week.

I am also going to my niece's 2nd Birthday Party tomorrow. I am going to be good and eat as healthy as I can. I don't think it is going to be easy but I am going to do it.

This week is a hard week financially for my family. We will be living off of what we have in the house. I can't complain because God has provided us with food. I just have to be more creative this week to feed my family. No trips to the store to get the ingredients for what I want to make. I guess this week will be what they call a "Pantry Challenge". Wish me luck. :)


----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to sign up for this weeks Giveaway!


----------------------------------------------------------------


3 comments:

Becca said...

Between the stress and eating from your cupboards, I think only a 2.2 lb gain isn't so bad. It will probably come right off when things get stable again. Good luck!

Shannon said...

Hi Jessica!

I just found your blog the other day and I think its great. I saw that you were on Lyrica. I was about a year ago but I did not do well on it and ended up having to stay with my mom for about 6 weeks because I could not be alone...not fun!

Shannon

laurajane said...

A 2.2 pound gain is not bad. Sometimes the scale just fluctuates a bit.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin