Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And The Answer Is...

Yes! I was able to run 3 miles today! Well, kind of. I can't completely say that I was able to run 3 miles. I briskly walked in between running but the majority was running. I have to say that I think I did very well for three miles. I wanted so badly to give up so many times. Especially around 1 1/2 miles. I kept trying to convince myself that it was ok to stop. It was kind of funny now that I am thinking about it.

I realized today that running is hard work and this half marathon may just be the hardest thing I have ever done. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me but in the end it will feel so good.

One thing I learned today was that I really need to eat a bigger meal before I run. That or a protein bar or shake. Today I was going to have 2 of my pumpkin Muffins for breakfast (5's) but my daughter decided that she wanted one and I forgot to get myself another one. Let me just tell you that a 2 P muffin is not enough to eat before running three miles. I honestly think if I would have eaten more I would have been able to run better. Today I was so tired and my stomach was growling in the middle of my run. From now one I am going to be careful with what I eat before I do something like running.


Today's Half Marathon Training Stats:

Distance: 3.2 Miles
Time (including warm-up and cool-down): 57 minutes
Calories burned: 506


1 comment:

laurajane said...

Great job on the 3 miles! Even if you briskly walk a little, it's still mostly running. And I know what you mean - you do more than a 2P muffin before a long, hard workout.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin