Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mushroom Pot Roast Recipe


-before cooking- Yum!!!


I made up a new recipe with some items that I had around the house. It actually looks really good.

I call it Creamy Crockpot Mushroom Pot Roast. I had a roast that I pulled out of the freezer yesterday and I didn't have any of my usual ingredients. So I decided to create a new recipe with what I had on hand. Unfortunately I didn't have much to choose from. But I was able to find some cream of mushroom soup and a can of mushrooms. I love anything with mushrooms! I will post my recipe below and let you all know tonight how it turns out.


- ingredients on hand -





Creamy Crockpot Mushroom Pot Roast:


Ingredients:

2 1/2 pound Eye of Round Roast (or any roast - I like eye of round b/c it is lean)
1 can of Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 8 oz can of pieces and stems of Mushrooms with liquid
1 teaspoon of onion powder
salt
pepper
seasoned salt

Directions:

Place roasts in crockpot. Sprinkle, salt, pepper, seasoned salt and onion powder on top of the roast. Then pour soup on top of the roast and then mushrooms on top of the soup. Cook in crockpot on low for approx. 8 hours or low for approx. 4 hours.



My daughter when she woke up this morning.

Her hair was so funny I had to share!



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds sooo good, and I love mushrooms, but they give me heartburn. I may risk it and make this anyway!

Bethany said...

Sounds good! Something I love to do with roast is add a packet of McCormick's beef stew season packet and water. It makes a thick and hearty gravy! Of course, it's with onions, carrots, potatoes, and even some cabbage. So yummy. Might have to make it this week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin