Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Need To Get Healthy

I have been sick for exactly four weeks. This is nuts! How can I be expected to function like everything is normal when it isn't. I have felt like crap for four weeks and I am about to go crazy. I can't exercise, I don't want to eat healthy, I don't want to do anything. I am so out of energy. It is Christmas time and I haven't baked cookies or even sent out Christmas cards. I feel like I am missing my favorite time of year.

Yesterday my doctor put me on a second antibiotic and if I don't start feeling better by tomorrow I need to get some chest x-rays done. I just want to get better fast. I want to enjoy Christmas.

As you can see (by clicking here) this cold is affecting what I am eating. Who wants to eat salad when they have a sore throat or anything healthy for that matter when you feel sick. I just don't have the energy to put into it right now. Hopefully in a few days I will have my energy back and my motivation to lose weight. In the mean time please don't think I have given up on my weight loss because I am binging on cupcakes.


4 comments:

TheCrazyCrabb said...

You can do it Jess! Just "reframe" your thinking! Get better soon, and keep your eye on the prize...a healthier you! (Then motivate me ;o)

Susan W. said...

Aww! I hope you feel better soon! I have been sick for 3 weeks so I definitely sympathize with you. I haven't sent out Christmas cards yet either. Feel better soon!

unathleticrunner said...

Hope you get better soon! You are right--when you're sick all you want is bad, bad food! If you've given up on all other drugs--try a health food store. I was sick from Oct to Christmas last year then got hooked on Ultimate Defense that I picked up at my local healthfood store. It's liquid and tastes like crap but is the best thing and IMMEDIATLY makes you feel better!

Tricia said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin