Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Made A Huge Mistake Or Maybe Two




Yesterday was a bad day. For one thing I was drugged with my cough medicine with codeine for most of the day. That did not help matters at all. Especially since I had to leave the house and take my baby to the Doctor's. She has a sinus infection and is now on amoxicilon. Then from 5:30 until 10pm I babysat my niece and nephew. They were really good. It was just hard because I was so tired.

You are probably wondering what my huge mistake was. I'm sure you have already figured out it involves food. Well, all day yesterday I ate just about everything I could get my hands on. Ok, maybe it wasn't that bad but what I ate was so high in fat that it may as well have been that bad. I skipped breakfast. Ate a burger with bacon and cheese and broccoli salad for lunch and half of a piece of German Chocolate cake for dessert. Then I ate about a dozen (small) chocolate chip cookies throughout the day. Then I ate a McFish sandwich from McDonald's for dinner. It isn't that I ate a ton of food it was that I made really poor choices in what I ate.



My daughters making Christmas Cookies yesterday!







On the up side I decided to start my day off right this morning. I didn't take the cough medicine with codeine last night and I feel much better. I woke up and had a cup of hot tea and two pieces of reduced fat toast w/ 2 teaspoons of peanut butter. It was a good start to a good day. I plan to eat well all day even when I am feeling stressed.

It is going to snow today so I plan to stay home and enjoy being able to relax. I am so excited because I just got this new cookbook in the mail that I will be reviewing on the site. I can't wait to read it and then post it for all of you to see. There might even be a giveaway involved. :0).

--------------------------------------------------------------

What do you do after having a bad day of eating? Do you do anything special to get back on track? I would love any advice any of you could give me. I seem to be having way to many of these days lately.

-------------------------------------------------------------


1 comment:

Larkspur said...

How cute are you! That's a lovely picture of you and your little one dressed up by the lake.

My 13 year old just baked a slew of cookies. My plan is get them all in the freezer or the hands of friends by the end of the day. We have a freezer that's a long, cold walk to the garage. So I'm trusting that will keep them out of my hands until at least the 24th :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin