Monday, December 28, 2009

A Credit Card Free Christmas!!!




Sorry I have been gone so long. This Christmas was just so crazy I didn't even have a chance to sit down to the computer to post anything. I had such big plans to post everything I ate the over Christmas and somehow I completely forgot. And by forgot I mean forgot to post and forgot how to eat healthy. :)




On Christmas Eve I woke up with a very upset stomach. I had it the whole night so I didn't get much sleep. It did not make for good last minute Christmas Shopping. Unfortunately I had to wait until Christmas Eve when my husband got paid to get the rest of my gifts purchased. On the up side we survived Christmas without using any Credit Cards for the first time in the 7 1/2 years we have been married. It was an awesome feeling! The best part of it was when my husband and I got all of the presents up from the basement to wrap. My husband said to me "I have to say that I am very impressed. I didn't realize that you got this much stuff.". It felt so great that he finally realized how hard I have been working for the past several months budgeting our money to make it a great Christmas for our family.












Sorry, I somehow got myself on a different subject. Anyway, I did the awful last minute shopping thing with an upset stomach and a cranky 1 year old. Fun, Fun! By the time we were done at Walmart everyone was telling my daughter that she looked like a Christmas tree. you are probably wondering why. Being the smart Mommy that I am I gave her a green marker and a tablet to color in and then didn't pay much attention to the fact that she had colored all over her shirt, face and hands with it. It was kind of funny! It all washed off and it kept her happy for the 3 hour walmart trip.









On Christmas Eve night my Mom made my whole family dinner. We had Pork and Sour Kraut, mashed potatoes and baked corn. I didn't eat any of it because my stomach wasn't feeling good. Then we went to my Aunts house for our family's Christmas Eve party. I had a good time chasing my 1 year old around in circles for about two hours. :-) I did have a few minutes to eat two meatballs, two pieces of shrimp, some broc/cauliflower casserole and a slice of chocolate chip cheesecake. It was plenty of food but nothing compared to what I would normally eat. I was kind of happy that my stomach didn't feel good.



On Christmas day I made a very fattening Ham and Cheese puff casserole for my family and they loved it. It was great! It is one of my Grandmothers recipes. She is such a good cook! For lunch we went to my Mom's house and had turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato yum yum, baked corn, and Tuzzie's bread. Again, my stomach didn't feel good but I was able to enjoy two servings of stuffing with gravy. Yum!!!








Later on I started to feel better so we got snacks out. A cheese ball and crackers, baked potato dip and chips, cookies, chocolate, and I can't remember what else but I'm sure their was more. Can you tell that my family likes food??? I ate so much that I felt sick.


In the evening we went to my Grandparents house and I had a few slices of cold ham and cheese, two meatballs and some macaroni salad. I'm sure I burned it all of chasing my 1 year old around. I was so afraid she would break something.












You would think that would have been the end of the Celebrations but it was just the beginning. The next day my in-laws came to visit. They brought the best Bologna (with cheese in the middle) and cheese, cookies, a veggie tray with some great dips. I made meatballs and perigees and we has such a great day relaxing at the house. It felt good to be home and not have to chase my daughter around.




To end the celebrations yesterday we had a Christmas party with my Sunday School Class. It was so much fun and we had tons of great food. It was a really nice way to end the Christmas Holiday. Until next weekend that is. :). Next weekend we have Mammy's Christmas party (Mammy past away in May and we are continuing her Christmas party tradition). It will be sad to not have her their but it will be nice to see all of our family.



Sorry this post is so long. It was a wonderful crazy Christmas and now it is time to relax. Honestly I had a really rough time getting out of bed this morning. I am having a flair up and when it happens it takes me several days to several weeks to recover. I am praying it is only days because I really want to get back to the gym in a few days. For now I am going to just lay around and enjoy my girls.





I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think it's wonderful that this is your first credit card free Xmas in 7 years. Many congratulations to you.
BODA weight loss

Jenn said...

WOW, you were a party animal this Christmas, lol! That is SO COOL that you were able to do Christmas without credit cards. I will need to do that next year. I'm going to start a savings account this week!

Foodie Girl said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! I have added you to my favorites, so I plan to stop by often! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin