Monday, December 7, 2009

Bologna And Cheese Are Not My Friends!

When you eat enough bologna and cheese to gain two pounds overnight you know there is a problem. Why does that stuff taste so good?

I had been craving bologna and cheese for a few days so my husband went to the grocery store during a snow storm to get me some. I told him not to because I couldn't eat it but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I think he was sabotaging me. Maybe not on purpose but he did. He doesn't realize that I am not like him. I can't just say no thank you when it is something I really want. I do much better if I don't buy it and it is not in my house. If I get stressed or haven't eaten in a while or both at the same time I stop caring about my weight loss and I just eat whatever I want. And once I start there is no stopping me. I figure, well I already ruined the day why not enjoy it. I know it is stupid but that is what I think.

Anyway, the bologna and cheese was awesome and my husband bought me some really good hot and sweet mustard to go with it. I ate more then my fair share and now I am done. I will not eat any more until Christmas day when my husbands parents bring us our favorite from the butcher shop near them.

Now you know one of my biggest weaknesses at this time of year. Bologna and Cheese! I'm sure you can guess another one of them. That's right! It's Christmas Cookies! Every year my Polish friend makes me the best cookies. She is so creative. She makes all kinds of different cookies. She usually makes pumpkin, peppermint, peanut butter, chocolate chip and so much more. I love it! The only problem is that this year I can't eat them all myself. I think I did that last year. My mom also made a ton of cookies for me. They are in her freezer and she is going to make me a tray before Christmas. I can't wait because she made mini black bottom cupcakes. Maybe it is better off that they stay in her freezer.

This time of year is so wonderful yet so hard. I really have to work on my willpower. I need to say no to all of the goodies. I really think I would be better if I didn't eat any of the goodies. My problem arises when I decide to just eat one. I will admit that I have a problem. I can't just eat one (pretty much this applies to everything). This is a really big problem. It really has more to do with my willpower. I am really going to work hard on this. I know once I get in the groove I will be ok. It is just taking that first step to get back on track and actually saying no to something. I am determined to do it.

========================================================


What is your Biggest Weakness when it comes to food? How do you fight it?


=========================================================


3 comments:

Angie S said...

Cheese is my weakness. If it is there, I have to eat it.

TheCrazyCrabb said...

I am bad about eating late at night...mostly comfort (very fattening) foods.

MamaFeelgood said...

Cheetos or baked goods

Blog Widget by LinkWithin